So my band has a website...

Apr 2, 2003
Los Angeles, CA, USA
I'm not sure about posting this, because it's not really complete yet. There are a few MP3s up if you guys wanna listen.

Live to Rock is our original. If you listen to it, you won't be able to tell I'm a fan of SX - it's just pure hard rock. *shrug* Sound levels are bad, it was recorded at a concert we just did.

LaGrange, the classic ZZ Top tune. It was gonna be our last song, so I fucked up quite a bit because I was rocking out a little hard.

The blues jam was off the top of our heads. "We have more time. Pick a key and go!"

Oh, and Aeresius, new to the forum, is our singer.

I guess you want a URL: http://pagefactory.yoico.com

Should be recording all our originals soon.

Drop me an email or a reply to this thread and let me know what you think.

"You make the 12 bar blues your bitch."

That's the coolest compliment I've ever received. Thanks a ton, dude. The blues jam was my favorite part, because I didn't think and just played. We listened to the CD afterwords, and I was like, "There are two runs in there I totally don't remember playing." Hahaha!

I'll check out your band's stuff - however you'll have to give me a day or so. I just got home from prom and it's 4 AM.

Thanks. The blues jam wasn't any big thing... just the good old pentatonic. Sometimes I throw in dorian, and usually blues scale. I do remember some sloppy harmonic minor stuff in that particular jam, though. I was thinking, "This won't fit at all, but this is our last spot to show our stuff and I haven't done anything neoclassical/shred..."

Since the blues jam is getting the best responses, we'll have to make one for the CD. Thanks guys, this is really awesome. I was kinda worried since a lot of you forumers kick my ass in half at guitar.

BTW, everyone should check out SpiritCrusher's band (link in his sig). It's awesome stuff, it inspired me to headbang quite a bit.

OfSinsAndShred said:
"You make the 12 bar blues your bitch."

That's the coolest compliment I've ever received. Thanks a ton, dude. The blues jam was my favorite part, because I didn't think and just played. We listened to the CD afterwords, and I was like, "There are two runs in there I totally don't remember playing." Hahaha!

I'll check out your band's stuff - however you'll have to give me a day or so. I just got home from prom and it's 4 AM.

You're welcome dude, I was blown away. I didn't expect the neoclassical/shred stuff in a blues jam but it actually fit very well. Well done.

OfSinsAndShred said:
BTW, everyone should check out SpiritCrusher's band (link in his sig). It's awesome stuff, it inspired me to headbang quite a bit.

Thanks! I don't know if I mentioned, but I'm doing 3/4 of the leads on those two songs. The solo in "A Tragedy Divine" (the first one) was the only one I actually wrote beforehand. The one in Fallen Hope was improvised. I was happy with how they turned out.