So, new album by The Haunted. Who's heard it?

PhilR

Studio Scapegoat
Feb 13, 2007
Nottingham, UK
www.stuckonaname.co.uk
I have and it's been growing on me steadily. I wanted to check it out since I heard they were gonna be tracking the whole album live with no clicks. All I can say is: FUCK these guys are tight! And they've gone right back to the heavy, this is definitly The Haunted again. As good as The Dead Eye was, it could have been passed off as a Peter Dolving album.

I couldn't get into The Dead Eye, because I'm not actually a fan of Peter Dolving, although on paper he ticks all the boxes, there's just something about him... I really did like rEVOLVEr, though. I heard a new song at Wacken, and it sounded fairly generic... everything else was amazing, though :headbang:

If they've brought the heavy back, I'll check it out. Thanks dude.

There were a few decent songs, but most of the material passed right through my ears. After five full listens, I still can't remember a single kickass/groovy part, or anything. Something rEVOLVEr was chock full of, and is probably the reason why it's a great album.

I love the Haunted but their latest release kinda bored me. I knew they're going in that direction and really would love to have "one kill wonder" times back.

Meisterjäger;7595540 said:
I couldn't get into The Dead Eye, because I'm not actually a fan of Peter Dolving, although on paper he ticks all the boxes, there's just something about him... I really did like rEVOLVEr, though. I heard a new song at Wacken, and it sounded fairly generic... everything else was amazing, though :headbang:

If they've brought the heavy back, I'll check it out. Thanks dude.

yeah i agree with that in every point, although i liked peter on the old records :) (except dead eye)

Listening to it at now.

Funny thing is that IIRR they used Powerballs for recording and the tone on the record sounds very 5150-ish :) maybe it's due to mix EQ-ing + signal chain (other than the PB itself).

I expected a drier/tighter/crunchier/grittier tone, and the actual tone sounds a bit fat/smooth/gainy/dirty but is not bad.

From the engineer's point of view, “Versus” has a very big fat bass sound that stands out in the mix; also the vocal work is really cool IMO. But the drums were not as aggressive and punchy as the "Dead Eye"; they kind of got sucked for some reason, specially the kick.

Tue Madsen did a great job anyway.

From the engineer's point of view, “Versus” has a very big fat bass sound that stands out in the mix; also the vocal work is really cool IMO. But the drums were not as aggressive and punchy as the "Dead Eye"; they kind of got sucked for some reason, specially the kick.

Tue Madsen did a great job anyway.

Well... Tue Madsen has his own sound signature and this album sounds good but doesn't sound like it was produced by him. It sounds more natural/fat/rock-ish than his usual work, which has usually very thinny clicky compressed drums and very compressed distorted guitars. I was actually getting bored with his sound signature (it works for some but not for others) and it's cool to see he did something different this time.

It sounds fucking awesome. I'm loving it. I thought I was going to be disappointed from the teaser they had on MySpace a while back... but they have delivered the goods. I have a LOT of catchy heavy groovy parts that I remember even now, and the last time I heard the tracks was hours ago.

~006

I think Dead Eye has a 3-4 songs that are just pure awesomeness, but towards the end it's starts to get kinda dull. Got to check out this new one to see how it's turned out!

Je poste sur VS depuis plus longtemps mais je lis ce forum depuis un max de temps ...
Au fait, tu sais où je peux trouver le "Locust, 2e album de Mary Beats Jane ?
Et ouais, vive VS qui fait gagner des places de concert pour Nile ...

Je poste sur VS depuis plus longtemps mais je lis ce forum depuis un max de temps ...
Au fait, tu sais où je peux trouver le "Locust, 2e album de Mary Beats Jane ?
Et ouais, vive VS qui fait gagner des places de concert pour Nile ...

Héhé :) (pour Nile)
Pour le Mary Beats Jane je sais pas trop désolé.

- - - - - - - - -

Sorry guys for the Frenchy OT.