so Pungent Stench is playing here this weekend

Should I go?

• YES, it would be well worth $10 to see them play Why Can The Bodies Fly

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • NO, spend that $10 on some nice paper plates.

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • What's a Pungent Stench and why would you want to see it?

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • You will be too tired from moving to go, and will pass out on the lawn in the hedges after drinking

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
dude it was $15 to fall asleep watching them play here in RI but maybe you are a fan to begin with. Also you would probably be treated to seeing the members take their shirts off for most of the set. hubba hubba

Actually, I must say that one song i mentioned is the only one i recall. we used to play it on the radio all the time- as far as other stuff, i really don't know that much.

i must also mention that i'd have to sit through incantation, one of my least favorite death metal bands- even before they got whats his name from acheron.
anyway, there's like 4 other bands too. any of them good? i'm assuming the last two are local. haven't heard bte (although someone mentioned them here recently i think) or rune.

Pungent Stench
Incantation
Beyond The Embrace - on Metal Blade Recs
Rune - on Relapse Recs
Inimical Drive
Emaciation

Originally posted by avi
(Incantation is one of my favorites, so phbbbt!)
really?!? wow. i never could get into them. i think it's a combination of the guitar tone & the riffs that bore me- they're cool guys from what i know, but i just can't get into their stuff. i'd rather hear either vital remains (forever underground kills) which i think is catchy or some weird/inventive stuff more like gorguts/immolation.

to each their own I guess. I think Kyle's drumming is really cool b/c it's not super-rigid like most DM - it actually has groove. And I really like the riffs. Not out there like Gorguts, but still good.

hm. maybe i'll have to listen closer- i think the guitar tone makes it too indecipherable or something, and i never took the time to dissect it. maybe it's that this one guy would always call up and request like the longest song off of onward to golgotha, and the repetition made me hate it- and each time i've seen them live, it kind of bored me.

they weren't super great live, but I just watched the drummer. And yeah, the recordings kinda blow. The best album is the rough-mix version of 'Mortal Throne of Nazarene' re-entitled 'Upon the Throne of Apocalypse'. It's pretty doomy actually.