So sick of these reissues because the fans get ***! Gus G reissues I am the Fire...

templeofmax

Aug 13, 2009
As a music collector and huge fan, it is so freaking unbelievable that record labels are releasing ´expanded editions´of albums, with no regard for the fans that purchase these albums when first released and then have to look for the bonus tracks elsewhere (ahem, free download). Then, the record companies complain about piracy. Well, then, don´t fuck us over and include a code on the original album so fans can download the extra stuff on the following bullshit reissue. I am going to stop buying any albums on first issue because it is becoming a joke now.

What about simply "not buying it" ?

Collecting CDs is not like a hard drug addiction, lol. You can still stop yourself from doing it. :)

And I'm with the OP here. If an album isn't at least a decade old, it has no business being reissued. These "special editions" coming just months after an album released are blatant attempts at double-dipping.

But if they are coming out that close together, and you need the extra tracks on the special edition, surely you can just wait?

And I'm with the OP here. If an album isn't at least a decade old, it has no business being reissued. These "special editions" coming just months after an album released are blatant attempts at double-dipping.

Fucking A right. And what about that bands like *coughcough* IronMaiden who feel the need to reissue shit 3-4 times. Enough all fucking ready!

Sure, IF you know a reissue is coming. For some reason, labels don't advertise that when they're pushing the initial release.

Exactly!!! And its not like I buy everything that comes out, but I think the actual king of fools is the people that pays for bs downloads. Why would I pay $10 for a download (usually sub-par quality)? Maybe I should download everything for free and would save me some $$. Problem is I still like the idea of hunting for an album, looking at the booklet, reading lyrics, and playing it in an actual stereo, not those BS ipod stations.

Exactly!!! And its not like I buy everything that comes out, but I think the actual king of fools is the people that pays for bs downloads. Why would I pay $10 for a download (usually sub-par quality)? Maybe I should download everything for free and would save me some $$. Problem is I still like the idea of hunting for an album, looking at the booklet, reading lyrics, and playing it in an actual stereo, not those BS ipod stations.

Not all paid downloads are BS. CDbaby and Bandcamp usually have really reasonable prices and almost always offer FLAC.

Question: when these expanded editions come out, are the bonus tracks usually available for legal download on Itunes or Amazon?

If so, I'd just buy the extra tracks rather than buy 2 CDs.

I do think there's something to the OP's argument though. Seems shady to release an album and then just a couple of months later release it again with bonus tracks. They had that music in the can already, why'd they hold it back if it was worth releasing?

Question: when these expanded editions come out, are the bonus tracks usually available for legal download on Itunes or Amazon?

If so, I'd just buy the extra tracks rather than buy 2 CDs.

iTunes usually makes bonus tracks albums only, so you'd have to buy the full album to get them.