So sick of these reissues because the fans get ***! Gus G reissues I am the Fire...

As far as I'm concerned you bought the CD... download the tracks you don't have. Re-releasing albums with bonus tracks (i.e. songs you didn't feel were good enough to be on the album originally) to exploit your biggest fan's collector mentality is a bullshit move. I'm all for supporting the artists, I'm not in favor of being ripped off by their labels.

How about when they release an album in the spring, record festival dates in the summer, and rerelease in the fall with an extra disc of live performances?

yeah. I'm not much for live stuff unless I am there. I pretty much only pay money for original, studio recordings. To the original topic, I'd youtube or spotify the bonus tracks and if they're good, download them. If not eh, who cares.

Easiest thing to do is just not buy something as soon as it releases. I would wait for a way to listen to it all the way through to see if it's worth spending money on and then listen to it a few more times to let the novelty wear off. If it's still good by then, you probably can just get the re-release at that point.

Still gouging, but for me at least, much easier to skip. I don't need live tracks, and even if it's a DVD I know I won't have time to watch the thing.

I'm inclined to give the benefit of the doubt on that example though, because at least it's genuinely new product that wasn't just held back to make more money.

Just freakin release an EP and show a little integrity and respect for the dedicated fanbase. I know the music industry is tough but don't give your fans a gasoline enema by this obvious double-dip cash grab. You know, someone could make a good little bit of money opening up a pay for mp3 site with nothing but bonus tracks and rarities. For the artists it would be free money without the overhead costs of printing new artwork or having CD's pressed.

Anyone else spend months and months looking online for the Conception Jap and Greece bonus tracks? I tried like hell to get them and managed a few before the Sundance comp was made available. I also hunted like hell for Kamelot Jap tracks. A site like this might be helpful and slightly lucrative. Just my .02

It was either called Sundance or Sundown. It's a compilation made by a member many years ago. I contributed the bonus tracks off of the In Your Multitude LP for this. I gotta try to locate this...