So, Symphony X's "Paradise Lost" came out Tuesday...

In a word? DAMN. Amazing from start to finish, and if Paradise Lost (the song) doesn't give you goosebumps, then you're clearly numb from the ears down ;)

I'll be the board party-pooper...

I've yet to get through this album because the vocals are so angry and have yet to strike me as a good thing. I loved how he did sang last, tastefully incorporating a more intense voice with his usual style. But I feel yelled at when I listened to the first few songs. Now, it's SX so I know I'll come to love this album, but for right now I'm not so happy with it. Though everything besides the vocals are A+, seeing as I like to sing along with what I'm listening to, it suffers in my opinion.

:)

I'll be the board party-pooper...

I've yet to get through this album because the vocals are so angry and have yet to strike me as a good thing. I loved how he did sang last, tastefully incorporating a more intense voice with his usual style. But I feel yelled at when I listened to the first few songs. Now, it's SX so I know I'll come to love this album, but for right now I'm not so happy with it. Though everything besides the vocals are A+, seeing as I like to sing along with what I'm listening to, it suffers in my opinion.

:)

I respectfully disagree :) He's got some edge in his voice in some points (tastefully, and when called for, I might add) but I wouldn't call anything on there yelling. Personally, I sing along with the album from start to finish! Now that I think about it, given my lack of singing ability, an album that makes me wanna sing along might not be the best idea... :heh:

Being that I'm not much of a prog fan, this is the SX album that I can get into the most. The aggressive vocals are exactly what I'm used to hearing. Hell, I don't even know what two of the songs sound like--I heard the intro, and my anti-power ballad finger lept out and hit track skip. :lol:

It was exactly what I expected from SymX - nice chunky metal. They don't break new ground, but what they do, they always do well.