So the new Agent Steel is ruling

order of the illuminati is better than the new one. the new one isn't bad, and it took awhile for it to grow on me and now i like it but still, i was expecting it to top illuminati which it did not. the new one feels a lot slower and more groovy.

The songs that I heard from the new album sounded a bit more modern and thrashy than I would normally enjoy in Agent Steel. But I'll probably check it out. I liked their last couple of albums, but certainly not to the extent of Skeptics Apocalypse (one of the greatest power metal albums ever) or Unstoppable Force.

The songs that I heard from the new album sounded a bit more modern and thrashy than I would normally enjoy in Agent Steel. But I'll probably check it out. I liked their last couple of albums, but certainly not to the extent of Skeptics Apocalypse (one of the greatest power metal albums ever) or Unstoppable Force.
that album sucked when i heard it last, about two years-ish ago. may need to relisten. looooved omega conspiracy (or at least a overall, some tracks really rocked me)

order of the illuminati is better than the new one. the new one isn't bad, and it took awhile for it to grow on me and now i like it but still, i was expecting it to top illuminati which it did not. the new one feels a lot slower and more groovy.

I think it does in overall musicianship. But as far as "memorability" or instant appeal, yeah OOTI definitely takes this one. New one feels slower and more groovy? I guess I didn't get the same impression. It's slower I guess, sure. But as far as groove, I don't really see where you're coming with that.

Not that these bands are in any way alike, but this thing sorta reminds me of the whole Arsis debacle. Upon first listen of United in Regret I definitely thought Celebration was a lot better. But United in Regret took forever to grow on me and to absorb, and I now think it's better than ACOG. ACOG is just more memorable as far as phrases and shit.

that album sucked when i heard it last, about two years-ish ago. may need to relisten. looooved omega conspiracy (or at least a overall, some tracks really rocked me)
You definitely should give their first two albums another chance. It may sound a little dated in comparison to The Omega Conspiracy and Order Of The Illuminati, but they're both 20+ years old.
I happen to prefer 80's metal overall, so the dated sound doesn't bother me at all

The vocals on this album are more aggressive than before (at least from the 2 songs I've heard off of it).
But the vocals on the other albums are power metal, in the older vein