So today I bought....

Southy

Proud Brisbane Metaller
Jul 28, 2001
Brisbane,Australia
Visit site
(hed) PE-Blackout
Machine Head-Hellalive

YAY!! I managed to afford some new CD's, though it occurs to me am I the only one here that likes (hed) PE? the new album does indeed rock a fuck load more than Broke their last effort. And spawny Hellalive does indeed rocketh :headbang:

I just downloaded some. They're not bad. Not bad at all. It hink they may be a bit "nu" for some around here though. They're rap-metal with a bit-o-funk just for good measure.

Goreripper said:
I saw them play live last year and they were terrible. For $50 they played for 50 minutes. Lucky I got my ticket for free or I would have killed someone.

Yes, I can see them being very ordinary live. They've got very much an "album" sound, at least to my ears. Where'd they play, Gore? Surely at that price and duration they weren't the only/headline act. Coz you're right, that does justify a killing here and there.

It was actually late 2001 I think. I got a free ticket and watched them and an even more crap band from Melbourne called Bison at the Metro here in Sydney. It was a "promo" tour -- not a full tour, just a few "showcase" shows which is probably why the tickets were so dear. It was a rip off anyway. Even including the encore, they played for just under 50 minutes.

The first and Newest albums are the good ones, Broke the 2nd album tried to be too much rap for my liking, and yeah they do have a sound really only suited to the LP...but that could change now that Sonny Mayo is their Guitarist, the new album is alot heavier because of his sound..well IMO anyhoo