So what's in your stereo lately?

I thought this seemed quite interesting.. how would you describe this? I heard it's quite different. Ambient or something? Is there vocals or it is more mood music? thanks..

Sigur Ros plays abstract, ambient mood music with a play on Icelandic vocals that has been dubbed "Hopelandic." The actual delivery of the lead singer's voice sounds something like mournful cherubs, very beautiful and very relaxing. They have long, sprawling songs (usually around 8 minutes) that cycle and expand, kind of like BWP without the heaviness. :D

The most obvious comparison of Sigur Ros is with Radiohead's Kid A album. If you enjoyed that type of sound, you'll appreciate SR's music. That said, Agaetis Byrjun is more sweeping and beautiful than anything Radiohead has put out in the last four years; it doesn't sound alienated, but rather quietly serene and subdued. Highly recommended band.

Paul

Opeth - Orchid
Anchient Rites - Fatherland
Death - Individual Thought Patterns
Ebony Tears - A handful of nothing
Children Of Bodom - Shining
Children Of Bodom - Hatebreeder

And of cource, i can't let a week flowing by without listening to Crown Of Thorns' 'The Burning' & 'Eternal Death' played without shuffling. Brilliant.