So who wants to be on Wife Swap?

Oh yeah .. right, different show. She was on last night. I've got it tivo'd but haven't seen it yet. She was a classic the first time around.

Britt

I wouldn't of known if I didn't search for that clip. I don't watch these shows but the God Warrior clips have been making their rounds on the web since she was on last season. Your money is tainted! I don't want it! I'm taking the money anyway! YAYAYSHSHSAHA AHAH AH A

That's exactly what we were all referring to with the extreme stereotypes. I mean, can you actually believe this woman is for real? Maybe she is, but then the show exploits fanatics and wackos.

That's really not what they're looking for. They look for freakshow parents, who are either very controlling of their kids (they HAVE to have kids), or who let them run rampant and do whatever they want, or are just plain psycho and force weird shit upon their families. I saw the episode where they had the "punk rawk" family, and I can only guess that they'd be looking for a similar family -- one who goes to shows together (even the kids), gets decked out in spikes, leather and corpsepaint (even the kids), and will jump in the mosh pit together (even the kids). They don't DO "ordinary" on Wife Swap.

This is why Lance would be perfect. Everyone would expect the metal family to be the CRAZIEST ever, but they'd be the most awesome and down to earth and make every other family on the show look worse than we already think they are...

That's exactly what we were all referring to with the extreme stereotypes. I mean, can you actually believe this woman is for real? Maybe she is, but then the show exploits fanatics and wackos.

Oh she's for real. Look at her eyes. That woman is out there - waaaaaaaaaaay out there. But that's what they look for in these shows. They have a screening process and they look for crazy people to put on TV.

~C

I know someone that was on Wife Swap last year. The amount of manipulation that goes on behind the scenes on these shows is pretty intense. They might call it "reality", but a true reality show wouldn't need writers and segment producers (which all of these shows have).

They're not going to want anything close to normal. For a metal family, they're going to look until they find a family that totally fits the stereotypes that the producers and most of the public have about metal. A family where everyone has a regular job and have minimal/no body modifications and dress somewhat conservatively, and yet are metal fans? Not on any network TV show this century...

dt

--Although if they ARE looking for a 'hook'...they'd have a great one if they had a relatively normal metal family and a really fucked-up _________ family (Christian conservative? Classical-listening? Whatever their 'foil' is....)

Stereotypes are old hat. Turning stereotypes upside-down might be fun and refreshing.

Hmm, yeah, you're right. It'd never fly on ABC. :lol:

Opps yeah i did forget Shaye and Urban and Glenn and family. Now that would be the best to see either of those two on there. What do you say Glenn and Shaye? Go for it guys do us proud.:headbang: :headbang:

lol, Maybe in 6 or 7 years when we have school-aged children. Oh, and live on the same continent. :p

Besides, I'm not into learning valuable lessons. ;)

Shaye

My wife records the show every week so I've seen way more than I would ever admit to people that I actually know. It will probably be a country family or some upper class family that only listens to classical. It will start out a disaster but will all work out in the end as both families learn valuable lessons.:puke:

I'm growing to hate DVR.
Don't hate DVR, it's innocent here. Hate your wife!

Or swap her out. :lol:

Ok, now here's a good one. Do you have to be MARRIED to be on wife swap?

I'm a single mother, head of a household here, definitely love my metal.

I can travel to any household and stir up shit (giggle).

[Currently looking at watch to see how long it takes for J-Dub to chime in]

Who you calling ordinany? :lol: :lol:

Didn't mean to offend,:saint: hehehehehehehe but you got to admit Todd my brother you are a hell of allot more ordinary than sayyyyyyy OZZIE hehehehehe, but you and Colleen would definetly be good for the show.:worship: