So yeah, I don't expect anyone else to care, but

hmm ... i had those 3 records ... and can honestly say that do not remember one single song from them.

they were like a thrash metal Grim Reaper ... from what i remember ... may be wrong

Funny that, cause one of their members, I forget who, was in Grim Reaper at one point or another. I reckon "The Force" is absolute class, excellent album.

possibly ... you are right about the guy.

ahh yes ... the singer Steve Grimmet, from Grim Reaper, was on the last disc they released ... that more epic sounding one

(yes, checking their site confirms this) ...

The Force was indeed their high point! ...
do you have a track you can upload? i even forgot what they sounded like

JK should like these guys

lurch70 said:
The Force was indeed their high point! ...
do you have a track you can upload? i even forgot what they sounded like
Certayne-ly.

"Metal Forces"

Probably the most melodic track on "The Force", thrashes well but goes totally NWOBHM in the second half or so.

2 of the best gigs i was ever at were onslaught gigs
back in theday when cider was enough to ease the pain of serial stagediving
best one was with sy keeler though
much more suitable voice

the force is a cool album
didn't think much of the ..sanity one
that was when thrash bands tried to be a bit mainstream to get biger

unhinged said:
2 of the best gigs i was ever at were onslaught gigs
back in theday when cider was enough to ease the pain of serial stagediving
best one was with sy keeler though
much more suitable voice

the force is a cool album
didn't think much of the ..sanity one
that was when thrash bands tried to be a bit mainstream to get biger
Yeah, if you read the interview it's obvious that they kinda regret some of the mainstream type decisions. Sy Keeler is in the new lineup again.

Erik said:
Certayne-ly.

"Metal Forces"

Probably the most melodic track on "The Force", thrashes well but goes totally NWOBHM in the second half or so.

oh yeah, firmly remember them. they are the type of band, like unhinged mentioned, that comes across better live.

because based on this track for example, Lethal even are light years ahead of them.

:lol: We have actually been fucking around a bit with Metal Forces riffs during rehearsals but never really come close to an actual cover. At most, we might play "Thermonuclear Devastation" from the first album sometime because it's a 3 chord punk song basically and ridiculously easy to play. :loco:

lurch70 said:
JK should like these guys

Yeah, I had "In Search of Sanity" on original vinyl back in the day...still probably laying about in my London digs somewhere. Onslaught had the big Nike basketball sneakers as well (a la Testament) that led me to buying a pair. :D

I think I saw them opening for Faith No More too, just before "The Real Thing" was released. It was either them or Mortal Sin...

wtf everybody stop bragging about having had all albums a hundred years ago, I have all of them now (one on original vinyl) and Erik has the first two, the ones that are actually kickass and stuff and I'm tired and need to buy hamburgers for dinner and onslaught rules