So you thought "Maha Kali" was a fluke and the rest would be different

Some nice melodies, sounds like something I could probably get into until I got bored. Better than Maha Kali, but bad form for the band that released Somberlain and Storm of the Light's Bane.

some riffs are cool, but i definatly like old dissection better....i dont mind bits and a pieces...i probably would get bored after hearing the album....

I almost feelt a bit of newer The Chasm material in there at points if it was extremely dull and lifeless. I don't hate it, and there are certainly high points in each song, but...no. No sir I don't like it.

Gallantry over Docility said:
I think it's nice that Jon is finally embracing his pop roots. Maybe now he'll get to be the next Wyclef Jean.

Thats true, maybe someone ass fu**** in jail and now Dissection became a pop band. To bad for a band that record Somberlain, one of the best underground metal releases in the 90´s.

Well its looking like this album is gonna be very medicore. Starless Aeon is very flavorless and generic. Xeper I Set is enjoyable though still nowhere near what I was hoping for... same with Maha Kali. Oh well... I'm gonna go listen to SotLB now...

Now all Jon has to do is come out of the closet and simultaneously reveal himself as a Christian fundamentalist. It would make it the 180 to top all 180's. The eighth wonder of the world.

And one odd episode of a man trying to ban himself from church and marriage...

When first hearing the songs a few days ago, my instant reaction was "wtf is this?". As it really doesn't have any of the old Dissection sound in it at all.

But after listen to them several times since, I like it. Especially, Starless Aeon.

I think the main problem with it at the moment is the production. Its far too clean for a Dissection recording. When you listen to Storm there’s this instant feeling of darkness and a satanic atmosphere which isn't present on this at all. But this might be changed for the album, we can only hope.

I think if they just combined elements of their old stuff like tremelo picking, blast beats etc with this new style. It could have had a more Dissection sound.

Like everyone I still perfer the old stuff obviously (Storm being one of my all time favourite albums). But i am quite looking forward to this album.

Day_Before_Dawn said:
When first hearing the songs a few days ago, my instant reaction was "wtf is this?". As it really doesn't have any of the old Dissection sound in it at all.

But after listen to them several times since, I like it. Especially, Starless Aeon.

I think the main problem with it at the moment is the production. Its far too clean for a Dissection recording. When you listen to Storm there’s this instant feeling of darkness and a satanic atmosphere which isn't present on this at all. But this might be changed for the album, we can only hope.

I think if they just combined elements of their old stuff like tremelo picking, blast beats etc with this new style. It could have had a more Dissection sound.

Like everyone I still perfer the old stuff obviously (Storm being one of my all time favourite albums). But i am quite looking forward to this album.

my nanna lives in northwich, sup cheshire buddy

Good balls, what the fuck? I'm still willing to give the entire album a try before bitching about anything. Listening to just one clip of Nile's new album didn't do it justice at the time, so I've learned my lesson.