SODOM - Lords Of Depravity Part 1 DVD

spacebeer

Thrash Bastard
Apr 2, 2005
www.enforcer-metal.com
cover.jpg

I just have it in, first impressions:

Packaging:

Double digipack in slipcase very high quality, both DVD's have their own extensive booklet (repectively 13 pages for the documentary DVD and 8 for the live DVD). Artwork and printquality is top notch! the innersleeve has all kinds of important qoutes from bandmembers from the documentary printed on it.

Live DVD:

Killer, killer, killer!!! the sound is awesome, raw, loud, live and autenthic. No overbubs here when Bernemann is playing a solo they didn;t put a rhythm track underneath it's just fucking authentic LIVE! it's mixed in 5.1 and it will blow you all away. The performance is very energetic and 100% SODOM! The Sofia venue is huge and the fans go insane. The Camera editing is a little hectic, loads of angle changes and stuff but that also contributes to the fact it doesn't bore you very soon. The setlist well, no surprises here oh well....maybe the KILLER live performance of "Nuclear Winter" geez that song rocks I wish they'd play it more often.

All in all this DVD puts the competition to shame, this DVD has cost blood, sweat and tears you can obviously see they put a lot of love into this, it's an absolute reference work in music DVD's and unheard of in the metal scene, and this is only part 1!!!! the videoquality is always very good the editing of the in between fan/press/backstage scenes is 110% pro quality and can compete with anything out there.

and I have yet to watch the three hours of documentary on the band! But I already saw the trailer and we'll see people like KREATOR's Mille, SIX FEET UNDER's Chris Barnes, HYPOCRISY's Peter Tagtgren and so on commenting on SODOM, their label chef, all ex-members, friends, fans and so on!

DVD 2 Live Depravity
1. INTRO
2. AMONG THE WEIRDCONG (MIXCLIP)
3. VICE OF KILLING (SOFIA)
4. OUTBREAK OF EVIL (SOFIA)
5. MASQUERADE IN BLOOD (SOFIA)
6. ON TOUR WORLDWIDE
7. THE SAW IS THE LAW (MIXCLIP)
8. REMEMBER THE FALLEN (WFF)
9. DIE STUMME URSEL (WFF)
10. M 16 (ROCKHARD)
11. PRESS WORLDWIDE