SODOM - mega appreciation thread

HUNGER OF THE UNDEAD

BRINGER OF TORTURE
May 20, 2002
Rhode Island, USA
Visit site
Ok, I'm a HUGE Sodom fan and you should all be too!
:p

Seriously, I'm curious to hear peoples opinions on this band. What have you heard? liked? not liked? (you "Blasphemer")

I highly suggest everyone picks up the newest release "M-16" if youve never heard this band before. I guarantee it will make your head spin :)

For the past 20 years, Germany's legendary SODOM have been playing and churning out release after release after release of intense crushing, thrashing, smashing, extreme METAL! :mad:

Led by bassist / vocalist TOM ANGELRIPPER, the band continues to defy the laws, pitfalls and demises that seem to have affected every single other metal band to ever come down the pike. :eek:

With almost 20 virtually nonstop releases under his belt, since the bands classic death metal debut EP recorded in 1984 and released in 1985 on "Devil's Game" records, Angelripper has proven himself to be the ultimate king of extreme metal.

With numerous line up changes over the years, Angelripper's SODOM have never ever relented, given in to the trends or fads that have corrupted so many others, or compromised the integrity and spirit of METAL in its truest and most extreme form.

Tom Angelripper and Sodom fucking rule!

"The sin of sodom, is the sign of......EVIL!!!"

discography:

1985: In the Sign of Evil (EP)
1986: Obsessed By Cruelty (LP)
1987: Expurse of Sodomy (12")
1987: Persecution Mania (LP)
1988: Mortal Way of Live (double live LP)
1989: Agent Orange (LP)
1989: Ausgebombt (12")
1990: Better off Dead (LP)
1991: The Saw is the Law (12")
1992: Tapping the Vein (LP)
1993: Aber Bitte Mit Sahne! (12")
1993: Get What You Deserve (LP)
1995: Marooned (double live LP + 2 studio tracks)
1995: Masquerade in Blood (LP)
1996: 10 Black Years: The best of Sodom (double LP)
1997: Till Death Do Us Unite (LP)
1999: Code Red (LP)
2001: M-16 (LP)

:D

I've never really got into sodom. IM a huge Kreator fan, and a got about half of destructions cataloge. I guess I just missed out on Sodom (shear blasphemy, I know). Too many bands. I have been slowing DL sodom songs (I got like 10) and they are all pretty good, so I'm getting into them.

Ok troops,
I have to say I am quite dissapointed with this outfit :(
You guys jump all over a post dedicated to a band like In Flames (which IMO pale in comparisson BY FAR) but when a post comes up for one of the most amazing metal bands ever (SODOM!!!!!), I get only 3 other people here who like them....hmm:confused:
What the hell is going on here people?? Have you all been sleeping under a rock for the past 20 years?? :lol:
If you arent familiar with SODOM, then you really need to do yourselves a favor and get some of their shit ASAP. If you dont like them, lets hear why - what you've heard, etc. Im seriously interested to learn why they have been around so long and yet no one seems to know who they are. Its kinda mind boggling you know. :eek:
I dont usually recommend starting with the newest release, but M-16 is so fucking heavy and brutal you cant possibly NOT like it.
:mad:
So come on, there are TONS of metal heads on this forum, lets hear from the rest of you!
DIS......MISSED!!!!!! :)

I have the albums "Persecution Mania" and "Mortal Way of Live", and they are really great, I still listen to them from time to time! I don´t really know why I never bothered to get more Sodom albums, but I´ll give it a try again ... which one should I get ? Are the new releases as good as the two mentioned ones ?
Cheerz

Five now......I love Sodom, i've recently been to the Kreator/Destruction concert in Brazil, and it was killer.....If Sodom was there to complete the "German Thrash Metal Alliance", it would be awsome, I got into them when I heard Agent Orange at about 5 years ago.
Agent Orange, Persecution Mania, Mortal way of Life, Code Red, M-16, Til Death Do Us Unite (how i LOVE this one), those are the albums I have, among others that I have on tape (I The Sign Of Evil, Obssessed By Cruelty, Expurse Of Sodomy)......

Bath in Sin......Sadistic Souls......Break their crust.........SODOMY AND LUST :headbang:

And try this web page : crash.to/sodom, pretty good sodom page.......

Im a big sodom fan- Agent Orange is one of my fav thrash records, I ve always loved Tom Angelrippers voice, and the drumming has always been a sodom highlight- I love the speed of old sodom- havent heard any new sodom though- i was trying to get their new records, but noone ever has them.
Songs like Incest are always fun- thats what sodom is, fun , with a little death, a little black metal, and a little punk thrown in.

Allright!! 2 more SODOMANIACS to add to the list!
It always amazes me how underappreciated and underrated this legendary band is.
CORONEROX, thanks for the web site!
SPEED, try Ebay if you cant find the newer stuff anywhere. They always have CODE RED cds on there and Ive seen the newest M16 a few times as well. Both of these blow away anything ANYONES released in the past couple of years (IMO anyway)