Soen: Cognitive

audioplague

Audioplague
Oct 14, 2011
Just received the new Soen album "Cognitive" that i was so eagerly and patiently waiting for and.... my god this album kicks ass. As much as i hate comparing bands to other bands, I gotta admit it sounds like a very interesting blend of Katatonia meets Meshuggah, but with a very new sound. It sounds so fresh and completely different then anything else out there, (but does bear some resemblance to the aforementioned bands), yet it still retains a sound of its own. Favorite track so far, of course demo tracks "Fraccions" and "Slithering", and new songs "Delenda", "Oscillation", and "Savia". "Canvas" is a great reinterpretation of the demo song "Elusive sense" but still sounds amazing. I love it, it is a very beautiful album and just wanted to congratulate Steve and the band for the great effort with this solid debut album. Hope you guys get the recognition you guys deserve, and hope you guys play in Los Angeles in the not too distant future. Thanx again for another killer album Steve, still waiting for your other work as well --- FRANK

I second the LA show, because I would not only love to see and meet Digiorgio, I'd be honored to have my band play a show with him sometime!

Here is the first music video from the album:

Here is an unplugged video we did in Helsinki the morning of our first concert at the Finnish Metal Expo. This was filmed in a theater museum, totally live and raw. The video won't embed but this link will take you to the page to watch it:
http://vimeo.com/37258589

Glad you like it!
SDG

Last edited by a moderator: