Soilwork: Figure Number Five ; Album Update

Deadly Embrace

TL PREACHER
Feb 27, 2002
Bay Area
www.sfmetal.com
Sweden's SOILWORK have set "Figure Number Five" as the title for their follow-up to last year's acclaimed "Natural Born Chaos" CD, due in North America on May 5 through Nuclear Blast Records. The album will surface in Europe on April 21.

The complete track listing for "Figure Number Five" is as follows:

01. Rejection Role
02. Overload
03. Figure Number Five
04. Strangler
05. Light the Torch
06. Departure Plan
07. Cranking the Sirens
08. Brickwalker
09. The Mindmaker
10. Distortion Sleep
11. Downfall 24

Recording began last December at Queenstreet Recording (THE DEFACED) in SOILWORK's hometown of Helsingborg with Fredrik Nordström (THE HAUNTED, DIMMU BORGIR, HAMMERFALL), while drums were tracked at Dug-Out Studio (MESHUGGAH, IN FLAMES) with Daniel Bergstrand (STRAPPING YOUNG LAD, DARKANE, STUCK MOJO) in Uppsala. Production later moved to Studio Fredman in Gothenburg (AT THE GATES, DIMMU BORGIR) where vocalist Björn "Speed" Strid tracked vocals. Mixing and mastering were finished February 9 by Nordström at Studio Fredman.

Alright a European friend of mine(does'nt want to be named), thats in the Music Industry, has heard some of the new material from their upcoming album, here's what he said about it:
......."I heard parts of the
new album of Soilwork. It's cool: Some bits are more melodic, some bits are straighter, some bits are harsher."

Thats his take on what he heard, & he liked it allot......... :devil:

:lol: @ Brooks

DE, can't your contact compare the "bits" to bits from bands?

EX: "bits of it sound like something off Running Wild's Victory and bits of it sounds like a breast arisen from Testament's Demonic." (<~~~example only)

Something along those lines anyways :)

I can't wait for the release regardless!!!!!!!!!!!! :headbang:

hey bob, i agree about the last cd, what a piece of crap! WAY too melodic, and not enough aggression...but i still listen to Predator's Portrait alot. If they were going to shift gears, that was a decent way to do it. Not nearly as good and fast as the first two, but very solid nonetheless. then they crossed the line with NBC. ugh. can't wait to hear this new stuff though. hey! i'm going to try to make it to the Black Label Society/Nashville Pussy show in April at 4thandb, are you interested? I like BLS alot. you said you were going to the maidens show, but what about Death Angel?

driftwood - I aint into BLS, so I'll miss that one. I really nashville pussy too.

Im super pissed Im gonna miss death angel tonight. I have to go to a chicks bday party that was planned way before I knew of DA comin down here. mega bummer. hopefully I'll get some tail. that'll make up for it.

I listened to Rejection Role, & if thats an indictation of the new album sound, then it's defineately a continuation of Natural Born Choas...........but any Soilwork is good Soilwork.........I would have liked it to be heavier but such is life...........