Soilwork: Figure Number Five ; Album Update

Deadly Embrace said:
I listened to Rejection Role, & if thats an indictation of the new album sound, then it's defineately a continuation of Natural Born Choas...........but any Soilwork is good Soilwork.........I would have liked it to be heavier but such is life...........

I just heard the song and I totally agree. It's similar to Natural Born Chaos and I actually think it's cool. I know it's not anything like their first couple of records (straight on metal, little to no pop) but it's still Soilwork and still metal, even though it's more "poppy" and progressive. There has to still be some thrashers on the new record so let's wait for it to come out and give it a chance. Hey, it could be worse, Fred Durst or Eminem could be singing on it -- :D j/k

I'm sorry but I can't get past the rappy/Slipknot nature of it...I don't think there's anything on Natural Born Chaos with this going on. Sure..the clean vocal parts sound like Natural Born Chaos...but the rest? Just plain disapointing...I'm bummed about it:cry:

hiddenlegions said:
I honestly don't see how it sounds like Slipknot , I guess wait for the record to come out and see what the rest of the tracks are like <shrug>

Could just be me? The part that made me think that was the vocals right at the beginning of the song. I'm gonna go on some mp3 sites tonight after work and try to find some more songs off of it..<keeping my fingers crossed>

I'm sad to say that I think the new album sucks. I have only listened to it twice though so I hope it will grow on me... But one thing is for sure.. If you didn't like "Natural Born Chaos", you will hate this album...

I downloaded a version of Shadowchild a long time ago, can't remember from where. I loved it, it sounded really raw, I believe some sort of Japanese ver. Anyway, the studio version of this on Predator's Portrait had a totally different feel. I didn't care for it, and man that style totally carried into NBC. I really wanted NBC to hit harder.

From everything I've read, I'm not gonna like this one. I don't agree that 'anything Soilwork is better than no Soilwork.' I want more of the same from the 97-00? era Soilwork and In Flames. I'll take Dimension Zero, Terror 2000, The Haunted, Witchery...this stuff 'shits and gits'.

Testament will keep with fine company if they maintain their 'edge' with their next -- I fully expect them to deliver the goods :headbang:

I already have the whole thing and I like the direction Soilwork is going. I like the older albums to, but NBC was my fav, this sounds like NBC II and I am digging it.

Can't wait for Halford/Testament/Death Angel this weekend \m/

Bear

Testament Legions said:
Hey Bear! How are you? Long time no see! Looking forward to seeing you soon.

Hey Chick :headbang: I am ok I guess, looking for work, got laid off again (&%^$#@&%@#&^%#&%) Tell Steve we'll be looking for the party afterwords this weekend :devil: LOL

I am totally stoked to be able to see them up in the city at a Ball Room no less, now thats metal :zombie: We'll catch up this weekend if your around?

Bear

I don't agree that 'anything Soilwork is better than no Soilwork.' I want more of the same from the 97-00? era Soilwork and In Flames. I'll take Dimension Zero, Terror 2000, The Haunted, Witchery...this stuff 'shits and gits'.

I couldn't agree more Insania

Ok...after the second download..Number Five...(more fitting to be called Number 2...if ya know what I mean) I have decided this album won't be worth buying..unfortunately. What really sux about this album is that it will probably be the one that breaks them into the ever horrid mainstream:yuk: Too bad for Soilwork..because for a while there they really had their own sound...

Another one bites the dust:cry:

I think the new Soilwork disc will be even more disappointing than NBC, which had only one good thing about it: Devy's production work.

Soilwork are just trying to appeal to larger masses, and failing miserably. Give me APP or TCM any day.