Soilwork News

sixxswine

rockandrollazine.blogspot
[FONT=Times New (W1)][FONT='Times New (W1)']Message from Peter Wichers:[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Times New (W1)][FONT='Times New (W1)'][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New (W1)][FONT='Times New (W1)']Dear All![/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New (W1)][FONT='Times New (W1)']I have decided to part ways with SOILWORK.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New (W1)][FONT='Times New (W1)'] [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New (W1)][FONT='Times New (W1)']This has been one of my hardest decisions to make, and SOILWORK has not only been my band but my second family and very good friends for almost 10 years.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New (W1)][FONT='Times New (W1)']I'm just worn out from all the touring and I have reached a point in my life where touring is just not possible for me anymore.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New (W1)][FONT='Times New (W1)']I need a break from the touring so that I can actually begin to build a more solid ground to stand on for the future.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New (W1)][FONT='Times New (W1)']I have on this journey met so many amazing people, made so many new friends, played in front of thousands of people, and I got to travel to places I have always dreamt of visiting.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New (W1)][FONT='Times New (W1)']SOILWORK has reached a level I never thought was possible, and I am so proud to have been a part of this amazing band experience and working alongside with such amazing people like I have.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New (W1)][FONT='Times New (W1)']I know that in order for SOILWORK to reach a new level there has to be even more touring done, and I feel as if its only fair that someone else therefore fills my spot now instead of later.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New (W1)][FONT='Times New (W1)']I have decided to continue with my second passion in life, which is Music Production & Recording, and in order to achieve this goal I need to put all my time and energy into this.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New (W1)][FONT='Times New (W1)']SOILWORK and me will remain great friends and I wish them all the success in the future.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New (W1)][FONT='Times New (W1)']I also wish to extend a gigantic "THANK YOU" to all the Fans, The Label, Friends & Bands and Magazines for the great support and encouragement.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New (W1)][FONT='Times New (W1)']I can also say that this is not the end for me in music, but the beginning of something new![/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New (W1)][FONT='Times New (W1)']Sincerely,[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New (W1)][FONT='Times New (W1)']Peter Wichers[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New (W1)][FONT='Times New (W1)'] [/FONT][/FONT]​
[FONT=Times New (W1)][FONT='Times New (W1)']Statement from Dirk Verbeuren:[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New (W1)][FONT='Times New (W1)']It has been almost two years since Peter first gave me a call offering me to join SOILWORK for their first headlining tour in Europe.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New (W1)][FONT='Times New (W1)']Many tours and one album later, I feel like a part of the family. Be it on a human or musical level, everything has clicked perfectly since day one, and it has been a truly mind-blowing experience. Therefore I am very happy to announce my becoming SOILWORK's official full-time drummer![/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New (W1)][FONT='Times New (W1)']As some of you may already know, I also play in my own band SCARVE, and I will keep on doing so. Schedules will probably be hectic at times, but SCARVE will keep on writing music and touring as much as possible.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New (W1)][FONT='Times New (W1)']It's a time of many changes, but the future is ours and SOILWORK has many more things to offer. We are all very confident about what lies ahead, and we WILL kick your asses!!![/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New (W1)][FONT='Times New (W1)']Dirk Verbeuren[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New (W1)][FONT='Times New (W1)']Statement from Speed:[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Times New (W1)][FONT='Times New (W1)'][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New (W1)][FONT='Times New (W1)']Dear Metal heads,[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New (W1)][FONT='Times New (W1)']Peter’s decision came of course as a shock to me and the other guys in the band. I want you to know that we really respect his decision and that we wish him all the luck in the future.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New (W1)][FONT='Times New (W1)']His decision will not affect SOILWORK´s touring, we will continue just as planned. A replacement will be announced in a month or so and I can assure you that we won’t make you disappointed even though it’s really hard replacing such an amazing musician and a loyal friend.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New (W1)][FONT='Times New (W1)']I also want to take the time to welcome our amazing drummer and good friend Mr. Dirk Verbeuren on board. He’s been with us for almost 2 years as a session drummer and has now confirmed his permanent spot in the band.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New (W1)][FONT='Times New (W1)']We will announce European tour dates in about 2 weeks. This will mainly contain dates in countries that we missed out on the previous headline tour. Tour dates for the US will also be announced in a near future...[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New (W1)][FONT='Times New (W1)']At last I wanna say that I’ll forever treasure every single moment I shared with Peter and wish him all the best, you rock bro!!![/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New (W1)][FONT='Times New (W1)']Speed[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New (W1)][FONT='Times New (W1)']Statement from Ola Frenning:[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New (W1)][FONT='Times New (W1)']With almost eight years of working and playing together, and also the fact that I known him for more than half of my life, it’s strange to realize that we actually made the last SOILWORK show together…. as members in the same band.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New (W1)][FONT='Times New (W1)']I was always (and I still am) impressed of his energy and passion for the music and his guitar. We always stimulated each other to improve ourselves playing wise, and it was always a funny challenge for each new album to record.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New (W1)][FONT='Times New (W1)']Just as everyone else in the band, it came as a shock for me, but I do respect his decision to leave the band and focus at other things in his life. I know, with the energy Peter has, he will do well with his plans as a producer and songwriter.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New (W1)][FONT='Times New (W1)']Of course it feels kind of empty at the moment, but SOILWORK will go on in the same spirit as always. Now we will have a couple of months off and meantime we will work with the preparations for the upcoming tours and… to find a good guitarist that will fit in the Soilwork-family. But for me, there will always be a spot on stage right that will be conspicuous by Peters absence…[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New (W1)][FONT='Times New (W1)']I wish you all luck, Peter and… thanks for everything![/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New (W1)][FONT='Times New (W1)']/Ola Frenning[/FONT][/FONT]
“We can definitely handle this kind of drama”
**** Four Stars
-Revolver Magazine
“Soilwork proves that there is such a thing as evolution, and, when it works, it can be beautiful thing”
10 out of 10
-Outburn
“One listen to their new album, Stabbing The Drama, will reveal to you one thing: this is some state of the art shit. This album (and their last few, come to think of it) could serve as some sort of reference standard for modern metal.”
-Decibel
“You simply have to sit back and acknowledge the myriad of styles the band can encompass and wonder where the next song will take you. The beauty of multi-layered music is it’s capacity to surprise upon the tenth listen.”
-Terrorizer

Act your rage,

Hannah Raymond