Peter Wichers leaves Soilwork....again

jem777az

Bozzman
Sep 23, 2007
Peoria, AZ
Saw this on Soilwork's Facebook tonight.

Official Statement
Peter Wichers leaves Soilwork.

Due to “creative differences”, Peter Wichers and Soilwork have decided to part ways for the second time.

Peter’s statement is as follows:

I want to thank everyone who has supported Soilwork over the years. It has been a wild and fun ride, but it’s time for me to explore different options in my career. I will cherish all the amazing moments I have gathered from my time with Soilwork, and I would not be where I am today without the help from you Fans, my family and Soilwork.

Thank you!
Peter Wichers

I just saw this too. What a bummer, the last one was actually pretty good. I wonder if his back problems have something to do with it?

I just saw this too. What a bummer, the last one was actually pretty good. I wonder if his back problems have something to do with it?

I'm sure having a bad back didn't help, especially as much as they like to tour. My guess is that he really just wants to focus on producing and not touring. Wasn't that the reason he left the first time? Because he didn't want to tour anymore?

Yea, I heard this and was a little bummed but not too much. While PB was better than STTGD and StD, both of the records without him were much better than Figure Number Five, the last album before he left the first time.

Interesting. Just the other day I was listening to Natural Born Chaos and Figure Number Five (my two faves by them with Stabbing the Drama as well).

Love Soilwork. What a killer band!

Yea, I heard this and was a little bummed but not too much. While PB was better than STTGD and StD, both of the records without him were much better than Figure Number Five, the last album before he left the first time.

As far as I know Wichers was on STD. And that album is definitely better than FNF, and PB as well.

I got to be honest. Not much into Soilwork like I used to be, they still put of a pretty good live show and I am glad I saw him play with them again last year but I am kind over them now, the last album wasnt very good

Bear