Soilwork ripping off Katatonia song titles!

Disarmonia Mundi's first album was really great. They had a different vocalist back then and they sounded a bit like Opeth. Then they parted with their vocalist and worked with a session vocalist in their new album. That's when they got shitty.

yeah, the gothenburg scene is getting old.
however, in flames and soilwork used to fucking kick ass.

IF : lunar strain through colony. clayman was okay, R2R had a few good songs, otherwise, they changed into a totally different band. STYE? isn't even the same fucking BAND! haha. they're already recording ANOTHER one even though they just released one in march. it will be bad. they should have either stopped after colony, or just continued writing GOOD music. it's unfortunate, cause they had it down good.

Soilwork : all were good, except that last piece of shit FNF. natural born chaos was quite a different album, but i enjoyed it. i expect the new one to lick ass too.

To me, Soilwork didn't even get interesting until they started using clean vocals in catchy choruses on their fourth album. Figure Number Five even topped that, being their best album yet and one of the best albums of 2003. The first 3 Soilworks have no memorable songs, are boring, and seem like they were just trying to be an In Flames clone and failing miserably at it. Ironically, they are now better than In Flames because that band sucks now.

The Jester Race is the greatest album ever, even Clayman was cool, and I thought Reroute to Remain was pretty good after I listened to it a dozen times. But Soundtrack to Your Escape is one of the worst albums I've ever heard. It's not catchy at all, it's muddy and like, weird. The vocals are gay, the guitarwork isn't very metal. It's like their "Gateway To Annihilation". One of the worst albums in history. And Anders has dreadlocks. The fucker.

-Vince

I liked Soundtrack...Sure it wasn't really In Flames the way In Flames used to be, but I thought it was great. Very big production, sounded very air filled in a sorta dark way. I like it.

I don't really like anything with IF anymore since everything pretty much made me realize they were a pretty sucky band to start with. Well, at least it's listenable up to "Whoracle", after that it's all downhill.

As for Soilwork, I do appreciate the best songs off "Chainheart Machine" and "A Predators Portrait" like "Millionflame", "Bastard Chain" and "Grand Failure Anthem". NBC is a decent studio record but damn, those songs suck live. When music is so production-fueled that it can't be performed decently live it severely bothers me.

I'm going to say that I didn't like Formulas...as much as a lot of other people. I loved Gateways, though it was kinda slow. Heretic is quite a unique death metal album, and Altars was the best.

jptk said:
ah come on, they not that competent!
They doing katatonia covers? thats odd. cant they wright their own bleedin songs?

Well, that sort of shit doesn't bother the other fuckers around like Michael Buble or Atomic Kitten. Not that I listen to that shit :D