Soilwork - The Ride Majestic

Terminus

Apr 19, 2009
Oooooooooh can't wait to get it. Gonna buy it during my lunch break today. What I hear so far sounds awesome as usual. Guitar tones sound better than the last one. Anybody else going to get it today?

Guitar sound and overall production sounds pretty similar to the previous album to me (which is great). Musically it's good but not great, "the living infinite" was much better overall.

I need to check this out but have been finding the last few Soilwork releases similar in that they're all "good" but never very compelling. It's like all the right pieces are there but I can't bring myself to want to listen to it that often, if at all. Anyone else get similar feelings?

I need to check this out but have been finding the last few Soilwork releases similar in that they're all "good" but never very compelling. It's like all the right pieces are there but I can't bring myself to want to listen to it that often, if at all. Anyone else get similar feelings?

Yeah its all well composed and well executed but yeah nothing really sticks

Was what I felt with "living infinite" like the music hasnt much soul.

That's how I feel about Opeth, nothing they do is exciting for me these days...also went through a period where I didn't get Soilwork, from FN5 up until Panic Broadcast. Hell I just bought Stabbing The Drama about a month ago.

I just picked it up and spun it a few times now. It might not be quite as good as TLI perhaps, but absolutely solid album and that's all I really want from soilwork at this point. Solid music that's still more interesting to me than a lot of other metal coming out right now. Production is fantastic as always

I don't see how any guitarist or drummer couldn't get into this record. You must not like bacon or boobs, either. :lol:

Just gave this one a quick whirl, most of the time a new Soilwork record sounds a bit dissapointing at first but then later on it clicks with me.

My current favorite song is The Ride Majestic (Aspire Angelic)

I think it's really good, maybe the best metal release I've been listening to this year... but haven't listened to much metal recently anyway

I saw them Wednesday night and got to meet and hang out with them for a while afterwards. Dirk is the coolest dude, we shat the shit for half an hour, everybody else was talking to Bjorn. Lol

I heard the album yesterday and I must say that is a quite good album much better than the living infinite. I never was a big fan of the band neither I didnt knew the history behind but after reading some shit on the net, I understand quite well why I dont like living infinite. Before the Living Infinite almost all the shit was done by witchers, after he left, the composition was left for the new guitar players, so it´s understandble why the vibe isnt the same. As a guy who really love the album natural born chaos it´s a bit hard feeliing their new sound. Because Natural born chaos and Living infinite seems albuns put by different bands.

Something that keeps me wonder is why the fuck they keep a keyboard player? The last albuns I cant hear shit being done in keyboards or effects or whatever and even if does something, would be easy just having a guy shooting samples? Cant really understand...