Soilwork's next album

My favorite's probably A Predator's Portrait. It has a really cool sound

A Predator's Portrait is a phenomenal album and their only album that hit me. Stabbing The Drama is such a piece of shit album.

Yes, I must admit the guitar production is totally horrid, but the songs themselves are very good tbh. It relies a lot less on keyboards than the direction they were seemingly taking, and I thought that was awesome.

And I thought the keyboards were what made STD awesome at parts.

20 More Miles and Sick Heart River were good. The Pittsburgh Syndrome is a perfect example of the shittiness I'm talking about. Did they even think it was a good song, or did they just feel compelled to write something pointlessly fast?

They probably felt pretty much compelled to write something TOTALLY THRASHING AND OLD SKEWL, and I agree, it's not that strong of a song. I like pretty much everything else, though, tbh. The title track is powerful, great chorus, and Speed pushes his high vocals a little more even if it's not like full-on vocal chord screaming, you know? He does it in a few other songs; I bet a lot of people think it's gay but whatever; I've never let my opinions on the music I like be compromised by what some faggot thinks about what I enjoy listening to, and I think this is how it should be.

I guess a lot of metalheads think Soilwork is pretty much not relevant anymore now, but I could care less. I think they're still writing good songs I can bang my head, drive or walk around campus to and be happy that the first metal band I heard is still good to me. BTW Breeding Thorns, I, Vermin and As The Sleeper Awakes are totally badass.

Tbh the choruses aren't catchy. I want catchy choruses. Hence, STD.
I should point out that in a lot of ways it felt like STD - keyboards. Except that with STD it was okay that the guitars sucked because the keyboards were the focus, but now there's just nothing to listen to except Speed, who is a pretty average vocalist.