Soldier of fortune

{-sapob-}

Dec 17, 2008
This isnt at all thread worthy, and you guys might already know of this,
But
According to Wiki the live in studio recording of this song features Axe on the drums, and not lopez.

I always thought it was lopez and to find out that its not, is quite a surprise.

Im listening to the track now, trying to find some hints to back the claim up Although i beleive it I cant seem to get my head around it.

right...this is not threat material. Please go back to Myspace with this because it dosent matter who the drummer is....opeth still rocks.

What are you you on about???

Did i say it rocks less? No.
Did i present this negatively? No.

I was merely offering some information that you may not have known and giving my take on it.

So why dont you go back to your rant blog site that no one reads.

EDIT: After reading Crackfare's post again i recognised that threat was supposed to be thread. It confused me alot.

Actually I think it was an interesting little fact. Apparently Axe is fan of Ian Paice, which I assume would mean he is a Deep Purple fan (see how I connected those dots, I could have a cop show about me) so I don't find it too suprising.

I did not know that. :)

I like those trivial little facts.

I have been able to make an Opeth fan of my best friend and this is his favorite song. I wont tell him it's a Deep Purple song. :heh:

Huh. I had no idea that Axe was playing on that track either (I have the album but I usually don't spend much time reading through the credits in the booklet. LOL). Yeah, Axe is a Deep Purple fan. He's said in an interview that he compares Mikael to Ritchie Blackmore as a songwriter. So he obviously holds Blackmore and DP in pretty high esteem.

Interesting little fact. Thank you for that.

Yeah, it's listed in the booklet. Plus, I asked him when I got my Ghost Reveries CD signed, just to make sure :p