Solefald doodle~

Doomtroll

Cinnamon and Sodomy
Jan 7, 2007
the internet
doomentia.wordpress.com
I'm going to regret posting this probably.
I got bored and doodled a bit... just thought I'd show you guys, heh.
I shouldn't have to explain myself with this picture, but in the past I have drawn band members and got a lot of emails about how awful my sketches were. So I'll explain, it's not supposed to be some sort of realistic portrait... it is supposed to be cartoonish. And as I had mentioned it's just a stupid little sketch, no references, and no time taken on the colouring. It's just simple. So please don't be too harsh :'P

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/54000917/

Anyway, to spark some form of discussion. Are there any other Solefald or Borknagar pictures you've seen and enjoyed? I'd love to find mroe artists who draw these guys. Only other one I know is Maria Picasso~

very nicely done!! i like in particular how you includuded the Red for Fire and Black for Death logos.
Lazare is harder to recognize than Cornelius though, but still a great job!

I've been doing a painting with oils of them, it's taking me a long time but it's turning out well since I'm actually painting realistic portraits. I find trying to turn them into cartoon characters or whatever is just harder since to make them stand out better you need to add their defining features... and really the only ones I can think of for Lars is he has a more square jaw, a smooth complexion and his nose pierced (which isn't clear in that picture, duh!)

Arg! I showed it to Cornelius *cowers* ;_;