SOLEFALD's New Album!

Ok, let me tell you now.

1. Sounds nothing like In Harmonia, or anything the band has done for that matter, after all it's "True Norse Viking Metal" :p.
2. Sweeping, majestic, beautiful, theatrical, layer upon layer of sound,cello and violin in almost every song, the saxaphone has returned for one song.
3. Heaviest Solefald album to date.
4. Cornelius has created even more vocal styles, and uses almost every style he is capable of on this album. (Only one missing is the super high shrieking from Linear and Neonism)
5. Lazare's vocals are better than I've ever heard them.
6. The guest female vocalist that sings on two songs has a beautiful voice.
7. The lyrics are unbelievable, the story is so compelling, I've never wanted a sequel more to see what happens next!
8. Lazare got a hair cut! He looks totally different!
9. For any confused fans out there, GARM is NOT on this album, he will be on "Black For Fire", which is coming out Spring 2006.
10. I don't know what else I can really say, get ready for the journey of a lifetime!

karpsmom said:
Ok, let me tell you now.

1. Sounds nothing like In Harmonia, or anything the band has done for that matter, after all it's "True Norse Viking Metal" :p.
2. Sweeping, majestic, beautiful, theatrical, layer upon layer of sound,cello and violin in almost every song, the saxaphone has returned for one song.
3. Heaviest Solefald album to date.
4. Cornelius has created even more vocal styles, and uses almost every style he is capable of on this album. (Only one missing is the super high shrieking from Linear and Neonism)
5. Lazare's vocals are better than I've ever heard them.
6. The guest female vocalist that sings on two songs has a beautiful voice.
7. The lyrics are unbelievable, the story is so compelling, I've never wanted a sequel more to see what happens next!
8. Lazare got a hair cut! He looks totally different!
9. For any confused fans out there, GARM is NOT on this album, he will be on "Black For Fire", which is coming out Spring 2006.
10. I don't know what else I can really say, get ready for the journey of a lifetime!

this makes me want to cry, I want to hear it too.

do you know who this female guest vocalist is?
I'm not a big fan of female vocals but I really liked them on the new Arcturus

Amazing album... friggin awesome. By far their best yet in my opinion.

It doesnt sound like Bathory... but for some reason I keep thinking Bathory... there is some kind of feeling there that is similar.

so far nothing has digested.
Weird is one word that comes to mind

These are very comforting words to hear about a Solefald album. My biggest concern about this album was that they would oversimplify in a reaction to their previous experimentalism. Thanks for the details karpsmom. I was also worried that they might have cut a ~70 minute album into two short ones.

Ditto . This album has reached all my expectations and much more . Amazing.. maybe the best Solefald release !

Finally got ahold of it, and much of it still needs time to sink in. "Sun I Call," though, already warrants being called the coolest song ever. Why don't they use the sax more!?!?!?! It always sounds so incredible when they use it. It'll take a while before I figure out how it stacks up compared to their other released.

well solefald is back for a moment
after waitung 2 months for a damn dsl connection,my laptop is broke up and I suffer again from news and internet.
sad world
anyway a new solefald album is on the way and here in germany it will see the light of the world october 17. 2 weeks left:cry:
I havent hear something yet, but here is the cover:
B000B8T27S.03.MZZZZZZZ.jpg

and heres the tracklist:
1.Sun I call
2.Survival of the outlaw
3.Where birds have never been
4.Bragi (Instrumental)
5.White frost Queen
6.There is need
7.Prayer of a son (Poem)
8.Crater of the valkries
9.Sea I called

a question to those lucky bastards who have it: whats up with a 10th track?

solefald said:

The 10th track is named Lokasenna, it's (from the booklet) an eddic poem read by Jörmundur Ingi. Oh and there's 20 hidden seconds before track 01 where you can hear the sea.

For those who have it too, do you think "black for death" will be the follow-up of the story described on page II, or will it be part of it?

I just heard the album, in overall it`s very good but I have to play it a few more times. First song Sun I Call is great. Hope there will be a new solefald website soon.

solefald said:
well solefald is back for a moment
after waitung 2 months for a damn dsl connection,my laptop is broke up and I suffer again from news and internet.
sad world
anyway a new solefald album is on the way and here in germany it will see the light of the world october 17. 2 weeks left:cry:
I havent hear something yet, but here is the cover:
B000B8T27S.03.MZZZZZZZ.jpg

and heres the tracklist:
1.Sun I call
2.Survival of the outlaw
3.Where birds have never been
4.Bragi (Instrumental)
5.White frost Queen
6.There is need
7.Prayer of a son (Poem)
8.Crater of the valkries
9.Sea I called

nice cover