SOLEFALD's New Album!

solefald said:
well solefald is back for a moment
after waitung 2 months for a damn dsl connection,my laptop is broke up and I suffer again from news and internet.
sad world
anyway a new solefald album is on the way and here in germany it will see the light of the world october 17. 2 weeks left:cry:
I havent hear something yet, but here is the cover:
B000B8T27S.03.MZZZZZZZ.jpg

and heres the tracklist:
1.Sun I call
2.Survival of the outlaw
3.Where birds have never been
4.Bragi (Instrumental)
5.White frost Queen
6.There is need
7.Prayer of a son (Poem)
8.Crater of the valkries
9.Sea I called

a question to those lucky bastards who have it: whats up with a 10th track?
:err:
9. Epilogue

I got a copy of the album last night, so far I'm still going through it... While it's damn good, I don't feel anything "Viking" about this album. Still, I'm traversing its songs as yet, hopefully later tonight I'll have a better opinion.

PS - I miss Cornelius' shrieks off The Linear Scaffold!

The Hubster said:
I got a copy of the album last night, so far I'm still going through it... While it's damn good, I don't feel anything "Viking" about this album. Still, I'm traversing its songs as yet, hopefully later tonight I'll have a better opinion.

PS - I miss Cornelius' shrieks off The Linear Scaffold!

I think the viking term more has to do with the story. And It's plenty epic! And you ARE dealing with Solefald! :p And I don't think those shrieks are coming back sadly. Although I think his new shrieks are much better.

I for one am in heaven to hear some great non-clean singing. There are way to many cookie-cutter shriekers and growlers out there right now, but good old Cornelius has come along to sound like a raging, totally uncontrollable beast! :D

Nice review! I've never followed Mike Patton a lot (only have a few Bungle albums and Fantômas albums and haven't listened to them a great deal), I'm curious which album/band of his he sounds most like Cornelius?

karpsmom said:
Nice review! I've never followed Mike Patton a lot (only have a few Bungle albums and Fantômas albums and haven't listened to them a great deal), I'm curious which album/band of his he sounds most like Cornelius?

Faith no More - "King for a Day, Fool for a Lifetime"

But just in some parts like in the song "The Gentle art of Making Enemies" and "Coockoo for Caca". Cornelius started using that kind of vocals for this album only ("Red for Fire...").

uh.....

i hate to rain on the parade here, but am i the only one who thinks this album is incredibly bland and weak? i had above average expectations for this one but i cannot get into it for the life of me.

Devy_Metal said:
uh.....

i hate to rain on the parade here, but am i the only one who thinks this album is incredibly bland and weak? i had above average expectations for this one but i cannot get into it for the life of me.

I agree with you 100%, its mediocre at best with only a few good songs but the rest are fillers without much substance

I really like the album, the opening with the sax gave shivers( a little tribute to jan garbareks "i took up the runes?) I don`t know why but it seemed to me to be an immediatly norwegian sound.

brilliant album