Solitude Aeturnus - Alone - Awesome!!

Eyesore

Apr 9, 2002
Boston
www.eyesoretimes.com
The brown is much better than the blue! What a killer cover.

sa_alone.jpg

fading said:
This is the only version I have seen. I dig it, it is awesome.
The first version we saw had more of a cold, metallic blue tone to it. The picture was tiny, too, like 60 x 60, if that, so it may have looked better on a bigger scale.

The brown suits it much, much better.

Tone-Deaf said:
it rules.

but the font (sa) doesn't fit at all, it would look much better If it was like the font used for ''alone''
Yeah, but that's a recognizable logo. It's been around since 1994. I'd like them to bring back an updated version of their original logo! :)

sa_logo.jpg

Alone is finally released and I am so pleased about that!
As it was expected, Solitude Aeturnus created a masterpiece again! They deservedly stand in the centre of C.O.T.D. (Circle Of True Doom)!

Two days ago I received my ordered limited digipack copy, but I am a little confused: I've read that the extra track in this limited edition is named as "Lucid Destitution", but on my back cover the bonus track is named as "Embrace".
Is this anything wrong about that?
Please, if everybody knows what I'm talking about, give me an answer!

Hmmm...did you get your copy from Brainticket? Mine hasn't arrived yet. AND THAT SUCKS ASS!!! Hehe. I wonder if someone jacked up the title during manufacturing? Braintickets lists it as "Lucid Destitution," too, and I think John Perez would know the correct name.

Is "Embrace" a 10-minute track?

The End Records has this tracklisting on their site:
01. Scent Of Death
02. Sightless
03. Blessed Be The Dead
04. Waiting For The Light
05. Upon Within
06. Burning
07. Is There
08. Tomorrows Dead
09. Essence Of Black
10. Embrace (Bonus Track)

Got this from John today:

Tanks for understanding ken :lol:

Yeah – they are coming from germany

I’ve heard a few different things on the track listing being screwed up.

I don’t even have a copy of it yet – will have to check on it when arrives =- hopefully today!!

John perez/bt
So, still no definitive answer, but it appears to be true. How can someone fuck that up? "Lucid Destitution" becomes "Embrace"? WTF? I could understand a spelling error, or something like "Lucid Institution" or "Lucy Destitution," but "Embrace?" Come on! That's not even close!

Fuckin' Germans! :lol:

Well, I ordered my copy from amazon.de (I didn't thought it would be better to order it from Brainticket; my mind stopped working cause I just wanted to take it as soon as possible!).
I asked John about it by email, and also told me they haven't their copies in their hands yet!So he couldn't give me an answer.
The lyrics of the extra track are typed on the main part of the cd and if someone read them, he can find the words "lucidity" and "distitution" but seperated in different strophes (paragraphs). However, the title is "Embrace".
I suppose that the band changed their mind about it, when it was no long accomplishable to set it right (the typing phase had apparently ended)
At the same time, in the lyrics book is mentioned that the lyrics of the extra "bonus track" belong to Heather (and not to Robert Lowe as the others do).

Whoever receives their copy, let us know and clear our confusion.
I am sure that John will inform us as soon as possible, too!

By the way, favourite tracks???
Excepting Sightless and Waiting For The Light (which I'd already heard and loved from their gigs in Greece), Upon Within and Tomorrows Dead are great pieces of melancholic majesty and hell-heaviness!!! I can listen to them from a morning to another!
S.A. ====== Centre of Circle Of True And Epic Doom \m/

Happy birthday, Rex!
Lucky man, your present will be far exciting!

Thank you! And YES, it came yesterday! Killer b-day present indeed!

I've already emailed John to let him know the bad news.

Now on to the bad news:

The last track on the back is indeed listed as "Embrace (bonus track)".
BUT, on the credits page in the booklet, it lists all lyrics by Robert Lowe except for bonus track "Lucid Destitution" by Heather. And on the inside flap of the digipack folder, it has the lyrics to the song but again calls it "Embrace (bonus track)".

But the WORST part is that the songs on the actual cd are OUT OF ORDER!!!
This is how its listed on the back cover and how its printed in the booklet:
01. Scent Of Death
02. Sightless
03. Blessed Be The Dead
04. Waiting For The Light
05. Upon Within
06. Burning
07. Is There
08. Tomorrows Dead
09. Essence Of Black
10. Embrace (Bonus Track)

But this is how it actually plays: