Solitude Aeturnus on the air.

Wyvern

Master of Disaster
Staff member
Nov 24, 2002
The guys from Solitude will be appearing on KNON 89.3 FM, Thursday evening the 19th from 8:00 to 10:00 pm CST. For those of you not in the DFW area, you can listen online at (Click here to open link) Call up and
ask the guys a question at (972) 647-1893. Appearing will be John Perez (guitar), Robert Lowe (vocals), Steve Moseley (guitar) and Steve Nichols (drums). James Martin, the new bass player is unable to attend.

This is all in support of the show this weekend that Solitude Aeturnus will headline. Also playing will be Rotting Corpse, Nuclear Winter, Status Hate, Determination and Disrespect. Check out
(Click here to open link) to buy tickets and find out more.

Just in case somebody can check the program ask the obvious question. WHEN THE NEW ALBUM IS COMING OUT? :yell:

I have "Through the Darkest Hour" (or whatever it's called) - with the classic songs "Haunting the Obscure", "On the 8th Day", etc - and it's just a great, doomy record with, again, unbelievably melodic vocals.

Are their other albums as strong, or as awesome as this one is?

SoundMaster said:
Yes they are, especially Beyond the Crimson Horizon that I rate as high as TTDH :)

The only one I'm not too crazy about is Adagio, their last record to date (1998)...

"Beyond The Crimson Horizon" is really strong well paced doom, but it's a pain to get it (mostly OOP). The debut it's now available as reissue and it's pretty good too.

Unlike Fang I do like "Adagio" very much, I think "Downfall" is the most atypical for the band, but since the first I got it holds me dear.

Check www.brainticket.com it's John Perez (SA guitar) distro and they of course carry their material as well.

I'm gonna see Solitude Aeturnus this saturday in dallas at the granada theater...its gonna be pantera tribute show....I have never heard Solitude Aeturnus music but if they sound good I'll probably buy one their albums at the show...I hope its good!!!

SoundMaster said:
I have "Through the Darkest Hour" (or whatever it's called) - with the classic songs "Haunting the Obscure", "On the 8th Day", etc - and it's just a great, doomy record with, again, unbelievably melodic vocals.

That album is probably in my top ten of all time. The feeling and riffing on that album are beyond mindbending.

That said, the other four are all particularly strong. "Downfall"'s production is crap but the songs are still good. Very dark and dismal stuff. Just amazing!

And I'm with Wyvern about the new album. It's been damn long enough!