SOLNA

BlackRoseMetalHeart

Metal Mistress
Feb 4, 2006
Baltimore, MD - USA
www.myspace.com
cover102-solna_eurameric.png

Solna's debut* album Eurameric is freakin' incredible! I got the EP "Sent From Heaven" for this a few months back and really dug it, but I don't think I gave the EP enough spins to really let it sink in. There's an old thread on here about the EP, but I haven't seen anyone comment yet on Eurameric.

Anyway, I wanted to see if anyone else here had heard the full album and what they thought.

When I received my copy of Eurameric I was blown away. (Thanks to CD Inzane for having such a great selection of metal music!) From the first track, the album just kicks complete ass! While the songs on the EP are great and certainly worth listening to, there was just so much more to love about the full album IMO. I'm not sure what exactly did it for me on that album that the EP didn't , but listening to the full album just sort of awoke me to the awesomeness that is Solna.

For anyone who is a fan of Pamela Moore's voice (with or without Queensryche) I highly recommend checking this album out. Beyond the vocals, the drumming is insanely tight (Again, way to go Zane!) and the songs have catchy melodies and great hooks. (Most of the songs' choruses are pretty fun to sing along with IMO.) Not to mention you get Ralph Scheepers in on a few tracks. I know it's only January, but I've been spinning this album so much it wouldn't surprise me if it eventually ends up in my top albums for 2009. :headbang:

Anyone else check out this project? Album? What do you think?

* The use of the word "debut" implies my hope that there will be more where this came from ... Ahem, ahem, Zane. *wink wink* *nudge nudge* Call Ms. Moore up and get crackin' on a sophomore release. :lol: :headbang:

I was interested in this at first when I heard a few months back it was coming out. Then I heard that it was available exclusively at CD Inzane. I guess I will never hear it. Not a fan of CD Inzane at all. Its too bad that such a great release has to be handled by them.

A release by SOLNA!!!!
What's next? A greatest hits album by RINKEBY??? Or maybe live cd with SUNDBYBERG???:lol::lol::lol:

P.S If you get this post, you're a hero in by book!!!!

I was interested in this at first when I heard a few months back it was coming out. Then I heard that it was available exclusively at CD Inzane. I guess I will never hear it. Not a fan of CD Inzane at all. Its too bad that such a great release has to be handled by them.
I'm not sure why it would make sense for Zane to pay another distributor to distribute an album that his label produced and he plays drums on when he already owns a distribution company.
A release by SOLNA!!!!
What's next? A greatest hits album by RINKEBY??? Or maybe live cd with SUNDBYBERG???:lol::lol::lol:

P.S If you get this post, you're a hero in by book!!!!
More bands named after other areas of Stockholm! :OMG: Please tell me more! :lol:
Like there's never been another band that has named themselves after a city or a place before (Boston, Chicago, Asia, Europe, etc.) :rolleyes: :lol:

As far at the "Heart" meets "Ratt" thing goes, I hadn't heard this described that way before, but I guess it works. Melodic powerful female vocals meets upbeat metal (with a few ballads). I can't complain about any of that.

Bringing back this old thread because I finally listened to my PPX Sampler CD. The only song off it that caught my attention was the 1st song on the 1st disc, the song by Solna from the Eurameric album. Wow, great song. I checked out the clips for the rest of the album and will be ordering this one soon!

I don't think there is any similarity to Heart - I don't like Heart. It just has a bit of an 80's feel, which is not a bad thing!