SOLNA

BlackRoseMetalHeart

Metal Mistress
Feb 4, 2006
Baltimore, MD - USA
www.myspace.com
I previously mentioned this briefly in a thread about Pamela Moore, but this band/project/album has blown me away so hard that I felt it needed it's own thread.
cover102-solna_eurameric.png

I got the EP "Sent From Heaven" for this a few months back and really dug it, but I don't think I gave it enough spins to really sink in. When I received my copy of the Eurameric album (Thanks to CD Inzane for providing the US with great metal music!) I was completely blown away. While the songs on the EP are great and certainly worth checking out, there was just so much more to love about the full album.

For anyone who is a fan of Pamela Moore's voice (with or without Queensryche) I highly recommend checking this album out. Beyond the vocals, the drumming is insanely tight (thank you again, Zane!) and the songs have great hooks and catchy melodies. Not to mention you get Ralph Scheepers of Primal Fear in on a few tracks. In fact this album is so well put together it may end up being one of my top albums for the year. :headbang:

Anyone else check this project out? Thoughts?

Also, here's two reviews of Eurameric that were recently posted to Pamela's myspace:
SOLNA REVIEW FROM HALL OF METAL
After a much deserved break, starting the year by returning to my analysis and the best way is with an exciting project that has come directly from USA. They are the debutantes SOLNA.

to read more click on the link below:
http://translate.google.com/transla...MERIC&start=30&hl=en&rlz=1G1GGLQ_ENUS313&sa=N
SOLNA REVIEW FROM GREEK EMPIRE
Super-drummer Zane Petersen, a musician who's been playing and producing for a few... decades now, is also the owner and CEO of CD Inzane, an on-line album distribution/selling company. This specific ΕΡ is the prologue of "Eurameric" album, which will be released soon.

Solna is a two-year sweet labor for Zane. Due to his line of work, he knows a lot of people and based on that he asked
some fabulous musicians to join in. Do you want to meet them, too? Pamela Moore (Queensryche, Radar, solo, The Pamela Moore Band) and Ralf Scheepers (Primal Fear, Gamma Ray) on vocals, Alex De Rosso (Dokken) on guitars, Fabrizio Grossi (Steve Vai) and Tim Harris (Game Hens, Malicious) on bass and Eric Ragno (David Readman) on keyboards. Zane, naturally, has taken care of all drumming parts.

To read the rest of this review click on the link below:
http://www.greekempire.gr/solnasentfromheaven.htm

Taken from the Ravenheart Music Myspace:

www.ravenheartmusic.com has just posted an interview with Zane Petersen who is the mastermind behind the SOLNA project fronted by Pamela Moore (Queensryche). SOLNA is awesome melodic hard rock - the album EURAMERIC sees a US release date on 23 April, a UK release date penciled in for June 15th and Japan will see the record hit the shops on August 24th. There is also an interview on our website with Pamela Moore and the EURAMERIC full cd and ep has also been reviewed too. It's all at www.ravenheartmusic.com I wish to further add that Ravenheart Music is honoured to be involved with this awesome project.

yup, just got it in at Nightmare Records, but our site is down at the moment, it's being rebuilt, if anyone is interested you can get in touch via email.
lancenightmarerecords@gmail.com

Bringing 10 of them to NIGHTMARE METAL FEST ; )

Awesome! I highly recommend this album to anyone shopping that weekend! Hell, even if you are not shopping that weekend ... go buy it now! :headbang: :D

Bobbie Jeans,

I hadn't really followed this band and wasn't aware that an album had been released. I've always loved Pamela Moore's voice, though.

Since your taste in music is always spot-on, I looked them up and listened to a few clips.

As Keanu would say, "Whoa."

Solna is astounding!

The guitar tone is killer. I love riffs like that! Pamela's vocals are right out front. Absolutely kick-ass metal.

I couldn't see any reference to Solna on Pamela's official web site. Her MySpace page only lists the band with two lines, plus a blog about a recent review. If it wasn't for this thread of yours, I might have missed this release.

So...

THANK YOU for keeping us hip to what's really cool. I gotta order these CDs pronto!

Cheers,

Bill