N00b. come all flamers

xskunkx

New Metal Member
Jul 30, 2003
North River, NL
www.geocities.com
:hotjump:

What's happening? I'm from North River (40 minutes away from you townies) and I happened upon this site. I was blown away because I had no idea Newfoundland had a fucking scene... let alone some good metal bands (I've been checking out Oberon and the such) So yeah, ... just checking in.

Any of you people into hardcore? If you are, do you know any Newfie hardcore bands?

xskunkx said:
:hotjump:

What's happening? I'm from North River (40 minutes away from you townies) and I happened upon this site. I was blown away because I had no idea Newfoundland had a fucking scene... let alone some good metal bands (I've been checking out Oberon and the such) So yeah, ... just checking in.

Any of you people into hardcore? If you are, do you know any Newfie hardcore bands?

Dude theres loads of NFLD Hardcore bands,but as for metal theres a few of us.This board here is kinda dead,not much going on.I recommend you go to Fireign.cjb.net and go to the message board we'll answer all your questions.As for Hardcore check out xxx709xxx.cjb.net

There is a metal scene, it's small, but alive. As for hardcore - this isn't the place to ask - no difference from asking about the jazz scene since hardcore has absolutely nothng to do with heavy metal!!! :p

Too bad more people don't talk about the NL metal scene on this forum...oh well, I guess that's what happens when the scene is so small!

Has there ever been or has anyone thought about starting up a regular metal night at a nightclub? I've read that you regularly have shows in McMurdo's for example (but I haven't been able to go so far unfortunately) but what about having a place to go with a metal DJ? There is a metal slot on CHMR so maybe this could carry over to a regular (weekly/monthly/whatever) night at a club where the metal night and radio show basically advertise each other. Obviously, live metal shows and local bands could be promoted at this things too.

I don't know exactly what's involved and I certainly don't have the time to organise anything myself but I thought I'd plant the seed anyway and see what people think. I thought it might be another cool way to get metal fans meeting each other and growing the scene. Is the scene big enough to support this or am I just pissing in the wind?