"Alive Again" = good album

ProgMetalFan

In the attic
Jan 3, 2002
PITTSBURGH
I got this album when it originally came out after being blown away by "Shadowman". I was quite disappointed when I got it and put it away for a long time. I brought it out this past weekend when a friend of mine asked me how the album was... and now I am finally able to appreciate it. I've been listening to it nonstop the past few days. It's a very beautiful album with many great melodies. It's unique to hear this type of music today. The ending of "Eternal" is sublime.

Hehe, I was just in this state earlier today...it's one of my personally favorite albums. Into The Light is just such a cool and "proggy" song. Oh, and Eternal and Shadowman kickass. Glory Days reminds me of almost a pop rock song, but it gives off a very uncheesy epic feel, so its actually one of my favorite songs.

Incredible album! Only real weak point on it, in my opinion, is "Falling", although many others seem to like that song. Definitely in my Top 3 from 2003!

I just listened to it the other day too...great great album.

By the way, just to defend Dag a bit, I like that 'happy' part in Forever And Never a lot. :) Doesn't matter if Dan doesn't. :p Definitely the best song on the album too.

Alive Again is one of my favorite albums of "non metal" music.
It's very beautiful lyric wise and music wise

Indeed a masterpiece.. I didn't think he/they could top songs like Nightfall Overture or Deep Inside of Nowhere but at least half of the tunes from AA beats the crap out of almost everything they released earlier.

Good CD, I finally got it today. :)
I almost didn't get it, I can't readilly spend 17USD for a CD with 10 songs, but I did, and it was worth it.

Lots of free time and three spins in a row resulted in this list:

01. Eternal
02. Shadowman
03. Shadowland Serenade
04. State of Shock
05. Forever and Never
06. Into the Light
07. Falling
08. Recollections
09. The Glory Days
10. The One
Which of course doesn't mean that The One is bad.