Thoughts and impressions of Alive Again

@dolphz - You shouldn't have it unless you're one of the two types of people Matt mentioned. I think they sold you a bullshit copy. Maybe the owner of the store banged on a keyboard and drums, recorded it, imitated the artwork, and sold you that. Hey, that's why you aren't so into it!

Seriously though, you're independent store shouldn't have it. Maybe someone else can solve this mystery. :confused:

Originally posted by dolphz
Are you saying the cd is not available on any website? My local independent metal store has them, thats where I got mine.

The ONLY possibility... is if you're near Chicago... one of Metal Haven's employees was at ProgPower... he might have bought a handful from The End at the show, they were cheap ($10-$11)... mark em up a few bucks for retail, and there they are in Metal Haven.

Am I right?

Real teaser is my!!!

cd_teaser.jpg

Dan, you are the best!! a lot of musicians get majorly
pissed off if the crowd doesnt jump on board immediately.

death metal doesnt make great music. i LOVE many bands
that don't only do the heavy thing.... but the albums i
have fall in either the sad or dark category.

i dont care what anyone says, alive again does
NOT suck. but i must say, it isnt really dark nor
melancholic. so i at this point i dont know what
to make of it. i'm a bit confused... will need more
time to process it.

damn impressive production tho. i hail you.

I just got my copy today, and I've listened to it twice so far.
I'm still formulating an opinion though, need to give it more time to sink in. It sounds very much like I anticipated, from everything I'd heard about the album throughout the making process.
(but now that I have it, it will definitely be getting lots of airplay...)

Originally posted by Request_denieD
is there any way to get this cd in the states yet cause i want to hear it. I'm getting sick of everyone talking about when i can't have it

Gimme

Tell me about it...

What did everyone get for Christmas? Me? I didn't get much, just.......

NIGHTINGALE'S ALIVE AGAIN THE BREATHING SHADOW PART 4! :lol:

Thanks to JimLot. I called Metal Haven and they shipped me the cd. It arrived on the 24th, and it was their last one, sorry guys. (Actually not sorry at all, haha!)

First, I disagree with Dolphz about the "over-production" - I LOVE the production.

My expectations for a cd haven't been this high since Metallica's "Load" (anyone care to guess if they were met then? hehe) therefore it's gonna be hard for this cd to live up to them, but I know enough about it from the first couple listens to know it's going to be in my CD player for awhile. "Glory Days" has captured me most of all, and also Falling, Into the Light, and Shadowland Serenade. Weak Track: State of Shock. What has impressed me most about the CD is the VOCALS, especially on the chorus to the songs I've mentioned. Congrats to Dan and the rest of Nightingale!

hey.
some friend of mine has sent me the mp3s of alive again... i have to buy it inmediately, because the album is fucking great.
i love every song, altough, for my tastes, is not the best nightingale album (Closing Chronicles is :). The over-production is very nice, because this record, with all the arrangements of the instruments and Dan's awesome voice needed urgently a good production so the band's effort wouldn't get lost.

Anyway, Alive Again is very impressive. Very good and keep that way Dan!!!!
pd: mp3s suck. buy the album.

Ok everyone, after 6 days of listening to "Alive Again" I'm ready to say the cd HAS met all of my extremely high expectations - Awesome! :headbang:

"Eternal" and "Forever and Never" have sunk in and reached the same level as the other songs I mentioned, and of course Shadowman is still really cool even though I've heard the mp3 a million times, hehe.

To avoid sounding like I've auto-convinced myself the cd would be great, I should find something to criticize as well, so let me say: "State of Shock" sounds like it belongs on Metalllica's "Load" album. Hehehe. This doesn't hurt the album a bit though, it's a perfect 10 as a whole. I still can't get over how great Dan's vocals are!

How can you be sure Dag doesn't keep a copy of "Load" under is pillow? You think he's gonna ADMIT to listening to that? Put it out in the open for everyone to see??? :lol:

I promise: i don´t have "Load" stuck under my pillow or anywhere else :) In fact i think all "Metallicas" albums sucks.
If "State of.." is influenced by anything it´s UFO ( the band, not the things in space ) ;)

Originally posted by Gurgelguff
I promise: i don´t have "Load" stuck under my pillow or anywhere else :) In fact i think all "Metallicas" albums sucks.

You and I have a lot in common, Tom.

What I dont understand is, if they were selling them at prog power why cant they sell them NOW on their web site. I have been trying to get the damn thing for 2 months now. And it does piss me off to hear all the others that already have it, bragging about it. I would be willing to PAY GENEROUSLY at this point for a copy. But shit I've already waited 4 months whats another couple weeks.

RRJ

@Dag - I listened to State of Shock today and it's grown on me a little, I actually like the vocals a lot now, they're cool! The rythem guitar reminded me of load for some reason, but hey it's Dan on vocals and not James, big difference. Hehe. It's only b/c it's on a cd with songs like "Eternal", "Into the Light" and "Glory Days" that it's the least good song on the album. Into the Light is yours I think, right? It OWNS. ;) and you should listen to Matt about old Metallica, you don't like Kill'em All and Master of Puppets? Have you HEARD these albums? :confused:

@rrjii2000 - I take your complaint to heart, earlier on this thread I said the exact same thing. I got lucky as hell (Thanks to Jim) to get my copy. It'll be well worth the unusually long wait once you get it, sorry you'll have to take our word for it. You're right about how ri-goddamn-diculous it is that you have to wait so damn long. :mad: Hang in there!