SoloC/Revalver/Catharsis and SSD! Techy-Deathcore TEASER

Charles J

New Metal Member
Oct 12, 2008
Florida
YOW!

http://www.box.net/shared/gbxb5a9c4k

I thought I'd throw up a teaser of a song I'm working on. All of my gear is up in Michigan, so, this was all recorded/mixed/mastered on my shitty Toshiba laptop w/it's built-in soundcard and my Senny headphones!

Drums are all SSD 3.0 except kick, which is 100% replaced by my own sample.

Guitars are through the WORST Washburn DT-2 strung upside for my lefty ass.
SoloC > Revalver 6505 and Dual (quad tracked) > Catharsis s-preshigh impulse.

Bass is pitch-shifted guitar.

Give me some feedback. I wish I could mix through my Yammy's.

Slate Custom and New Maple Toms =D I got sooooo sick of the 12A business around here so I went all rebel like. Even though 12A is rockin'.

Sounds pretty cool, guitars are mega scooped i agree but i dig that too ! Wheres the bass lol

Guitars are definitely really scooped, but they still sound pretty damn good, I think. The "bass" tone fits but doesn't really sound like a bass guitar. I think the editing is a bit overly tight... I know you're going for the super tight machine-like style (which I'm actually a fan of) but becareful not to go TOO tight with the edits... but overall everything sounds pretty badass, especially for what was used... reminds me a lot of Beneath The Massacre.

Care to share the kick sample?

I've gotta try using solo-c as a boost after hearing a few people on here getting some awesome results with it.

SoloC is amazing as a boost. Especially with this guitar w/shitty pickups. Makes a huge difference.

I'd try it w/8505 but it won't load on my Vista system; sigh.

I'll consider putting up the kick sample, although, I think some Slate might be in there too, so.. probably not.

=D

Cheers guys, I'm going to work on this some more, write a couple more riffs, tweak and post it up!