Some bands to check out from the midwest

Keoll

Music for Life!
Apr 5, 2005
Wisconsin
www.lacrossemusic.net
Here are a couple of bands from the midwest that I think are worth pimping out to the world.....I'll list the websites and a brief description below......There are some great samples at each site and each band has CD's to offer:

1) Hollowpoint - www.hollowpointmusic.com - If you like Tool, then you can't miss with this band.....This band presents incredible musicianship with a fantastic usage of rhythm and meter changes and vocals that range from full on growl to rivalling Maynard.

2) Facecage - www.facecage.net - Hailing from Des Moines, Iowa (yes, the same town that spawned Slipknot) comes Facecage with music that's raw, intense, and in your face.......Fans of Slipknot and Fear Factory will enjoy this band for sure.

3) Planet of 9 - www.planetof9.com - Not many bands around can match the emotional value offered up by P.O.9.....Incredible harmonies, guitars that flip from groove to crunch to ethereal at the drop of a pin......I'm reminded of early deftones on a number of tracks.

4) To Bleed For - www.tobleedfor.com - This band lives to play every stage available.......They are absolutely sick when they hit the stage........Full on dual guitar attack that starts intensely and doesn't let up when the vocals kick in........Even listening to the CD, you get exhausted from slamming around your room........Fans of old Korn and Testament will truly appreciate what To Bleed For has to offer.

5) And Hope To Die - www.andhopetodie.com - Extreme is an understatement with this band.....Driving guitars, tight drums, bass that you feel in your chest, and screaming......no......raging vocals......All these elements combine to assault your eardrums with auditory excessiveness

Give any one of these bands a listen and I'm sure you'll get hooked.