Some Bands To Think About For X!??

Who?? Never heard of them. Are they new?

Go to Youtube and lookup that song. You won't be disappointed. As for how long they've been around and where they are, they're from Brazil and have one album out, released in 2004; though, I think the band has been together since the mid-90's.

I'd love to see Ashent, EyeFear, Lanfear, Darkwater and/or Manticora. Lanfear has had a pretty decent, under-the-radar career imo; most of their albums have been well-rated as well.

I KNOW X is way off, but here are some AMAZING Prog & Power Metal bands I've discovered on MS in the last year, most are relatively unknown & would be great openetrs for PPUSA. Clearly, not all of them at the same fest. But, here are some bands I think would be good for the fest.:headbang:

Check 'em out if you don't know them by now. I am sure many of you will like most if not all of them.

Sacred Dawn
Thy Majestie
Olympos Mons
To-Mera
Crescent Shield
One Of Sixx
Ynis Vitrin
Crimson Tears
Solar Fragment
StorMental
EyeFear
MindCage
Ashent
Derdian
Infinity Minus One
Atheme One
Beyond Leviathan
AxenStar
RageNHeart
LanFear
Sequester
Platitude
Incrave (formerly EverGrace)
Grand Lux
Seventh Calling
HeavenBlast
DarkWater
My Disgrace
Manticora
Suspyre
Olympos Mons and Thy Majestie are way cool and deserve their shot at PPUSA.:headbang:

I KNOW X is way off, but here are some AMAZING Prog & Power Metal bands I've discovered on MS in the last year, most are relatively unknown & would be great openetrs for PPUSA. Clearly, not all of them at the same fest. But, here are some bands I think would be good for the fest.:headbang:

Check 'em out if you don't know them by now. I am sure many of you will like most if not all of them.

Sacred Dawn
Thy Majestie
Olympos Mons
To-Mera
Crescent Shield
One Of Sixx
Ynis Vitrin
Crimson Tears
Solar Fragment
StorMental
EyeFear
MindCage
Ashent
Derdian
Infinity Minus One
Atheme One
Beyond Leviathan
AxenStar
RageNHeart
LanFear
Sequester
Platitude
Incrave (formerly EverGrace)
Grand Lux
Seventh Calling
HeavenBlast
DarkWater
My Disgrace
Manticora
Suspyre

Man, I'd play PPUSA in an instant if the opportunity presented itself. Thanks for throwing Sequester in there!

Now we're talking. I was thinking about starting a thread like this when the final two bands for this was announced but I am glad someone started it. I like the idea of having all pass headliners for the 10 year anniversary. The Pre-show show be just as big too. By the way how much longer til' we hear about he headliners for this year.

bands with numbers or the letter X in their name

Okay, I'll play.

Symphony X
Eternity X
X-Cops (i.e., GWAR)
X-Japan
Xciter
Clan of Xymox
Xytras (Samael's keyboardist)
X Marks the Pedwalk
...and of course, there's always plain ol'
X

(Allmusic lists 7 bands just called 'X' :p )

Oh, and Silence-X can play during the dinner break. :lol: