'Some Kind Of Monster' by Metallica

Nope. These samples must be a joke. Nobody would release a bunch of shit demos with awful vocals as an album. Nobody.

WTF happened to his voice? Its TERRIBLE on that one. I dont understand this at all.

What the f**k are they thinking? This is James' worst vocal performance ever. Its genuinely bad. Everything I have heard sounds like a demo, not the finished product and I cannot even fathom what the hell they were thinking when they were mixing and mastering it.

I wanted to like this album but its becoming increasingly obvious Metallica have no idea what they are doing and have completely lost touch with reality and believe their own shit doesnt smell.

Im still going to buy it, most of the time little clips is a very bad way to get a feel for an album, but surely even die hard Metallica fans can understand why people are having trouble working out how the hell this even got released given what we have been shown so far.

Ok im done :)

I agree his voice on this track is strained but after hearing the full length version of 'St. Anger' im fucking excited. The mp3s are not at cd quality for size reasons

Metallica are trading on their name, if a new band released what ive heard so far they would be slammed as just another boring repetitve numetal band.

Fuck Spawn, its not fucking nu-metal!! i honestly don't know where you can hear nu-metal in the music

im just about to post another sample which is called 'All Within My Hands'. This and 'St. Anger' are probably the best ones ive heard so far.

a lot of gothic metal bands have layered vocals too and they aren't nu-metal

I didnt say the vocals were numetal, I said the vocals were shit :D

The MUSIC is numetal, not that I care, I like numetal (well except this so far...) its tuned down, repeats 4 or 5 riffs, the lyrics are repetitive and generally not that good, theres no guitar solos, what more do you need to convince you?

perhaps rapping (FLUSH IT OUT part is NOT rapping) gay under-catchy (I can't explain that word) choruses and more hip-hop style drumming.

St. Anger is not nu-metal.

Some Kind of Monster took a while to grow on me, but now that it has it makes me shit my pants.

WE THE PEOPLE
ARE WE THE PEOPLE?

Of course it is! If any other band had released St. Anger everyone would classify it as numetal! You think its coincidence that a band that has had soloing on EVERY album they have ever released for 20 years suddenly has NONE at all? All of a sudden every track we hear is tuned down to C?

Im not saying that they are numetal to insult them, im saying it because its true.

well, actually, there's a rumour going around that the no-solo thing is a huge prank, and it would be awesome if they pulled it off.

They're trying new things, but to me, it doesn't sound like nu-metal. I mean, I'll admit I actually enjoy a few nu-metal songs, but St. Anger isn't nu-metal.

I agree with Haupy and ceydn. I can definately hear 'System Of A Down'-esque influences in the music, but overall it doesn't sounds too nu-metal to me. Especially listening to the seperate clips of each song, I can hear different styles. 'Sweet Amber' sounds like something off of Re-Load (which I like, so its fine), and 'Invisible Kid' has a very Megadeth sounding rythym IMO.