Some Kind Of Monster

Blitzkrieg

Master Exploder
I saw this today and it was fucking fantastic. I recommend it to all of you, even if you don't like St Anger. It is more to do with the relationships within the band, all the shit they went through (which was so much worse than I realised), and how all the bad crap translated into their music. It was also interesting to see the writing and recording process as they approached it in a different way to previous albums. The most interesting parts were seeing where ideas come from, seeing them through ideas up in the air and seeing which ones stick and which ones get changed and which ones get canned. Seeing where some of the song ideas came from etc gives me alot more respect for some of the material on St Anger too. I have also gained respect for Bob Rock as well, he really knows his shit when it comes to arrangements and stuff.

It was also great to see the guys are much more down to earth than you would think, seeing them hanging out with their kids and making jokes at their own expense etc.

It was very funny as well, much humour.

Lars was actually really cool in it too, I was expecting him to act like more of a rock star, but he was cool.

Some of the tension in the band was insane though, I didn't realise they were within inches of breaking up. Seeing Lars scream "FUUUUUUUUCCCCCKKKKKK!!!! right into James' face was great lol.

It was a lot like the first Year And A Half In The Life Of Metallica video (which I always considered one of the best music docos ever), but it dug alot deeper, and was heaps better. Recommended to everyone here.

And as for Mustaine, I think he has blown the whole thing way out of proportion. Sure, he comes across as a bit of a sook and stuff, and it likely was taken a bit out of context and he probably did say other stuff that evened out what was shown in the film, but it wasn't as bad as he has made out. I was expecting to see him sooking like a bitch, and he wasn't crying or anything. Lars was more upset than he was.

Nah, you've got to remember that it's an indie film, so it's got to do the rounds of all of the festivals, then have a limited release (I hear it's through the Dendy chain in Australia, if you want to keep an eye out) before it gets sent out to DVD. April, if not later, sounds about right.

well in every interview I've read of the film-makers (Sinofsky and Berlinger) recently, they said 'Spring to Summer' next year, or something. And of course, that's in the U.S.

But either way, I cannot WAIT for it.

The reviewed it on the Movie Show tonight, and interviewed the director. They all said it was great. I'd like to see it if I get the opportunity.