Some love for Van Halen

skinnypuppy

New Metal Member
May 1, 2006
:headbang: any other van halenheads out there? I came across this bluegrass tribute to van halen online, and that sounds like a fucking awful idea, but im surprised to really be digging the clips ive heard, especially the ones featuring David Lee Roth since he sings on two of the tracks. anyone hear about it? It's called Strummin' with the Devil: The Southern Side of Van Halen

strumminwiththedevil.com is the albums site i think

first of all van halenhead. were do you live i gotta kill you for that i like the band an all but thats just the stupidest name ever

I have no complaints about VH...Roth > Hagar though. And tomorrow, when I'm more awake, I'll definitely check out that bluegrass tribute to them, it sounds pretty interesting. I heard a bluegrass tribute to Metallica once and it was pretty fun to listen to.

holyme said:
first of all van halenhead. were do you live i gotta kill you for that i like the band an all but thats just the stupidest name ever

hsugh.gif
That's his last name

holyme said:

heh, great reply ;)

Thoth-Amon said:
Yeah old stuff is cool.

definitely man. this tribute is just old songs, just the way i like it

skinnypuppy said:
I came across this bluegrass tribute to van halen online, and that sounds like a fucking awful idea, but im surprised to really be digging the clips ive heard

A good tune is still a good tune.

The Van Hallen i've heard with sammy hager has no balls at all. I need to check out a full older van halen fullength.

Van Hager sucks.

holyme said:

Your in no position to say anything, and already bought tickets to Hawaii to go kill you.

Van Halen isn't bad, but I never really got into them.

Old VH is godly. Even 5150 had moments.

Never bothered listening to anything after that.

cmt.com's got the album in streaming media online right now in the section "hear music now" if anyone cares. the cd sounds great too :heh:

MetalNoob said:
I wouldn't say that it was godly, but then again I rarely listen to any VH.

Fair enough.

Not the most "metal" band, obviously, but I think almost everyone would agree (concede?) that Eddie Van Halen was a tremendous influence on the genre....

That said, let's hear some disagreement....