Some Metal News

Dmanx Pit

Jester of Tranquillity
Apr 17, 2002
Philadelphia, PA, USA
www.myspace.com
Opeth...Disappear!!
Members of the band Opeth are nowhere to be found after their plane disappeared off the radar around noon yesterday
while flying over the Bermuda Triangle. While the band or the plane are nowhere to be found, the black box
has washed ashore on the North Carolina coast and contains a 20 minute new Opeth song. Helium has gotten a hold
of the song and we must say, it's amazingly well done, but the lyrics are rather strange. For example, the opening verse
sounds like a conversation between Mikeal and Peter about starting the world's longest Conga line. Then Mikeal
let's out a hellish scream and the music comes in all of a sudden. Here's an exculsive preview of the lyrics:

Oh dear God
The plane is gonna crash!
Spiraling into the ocean deapths below!

Kill me now
It's getting hard to breathe.
Martin L. just parachuted out of the plane!

Seeing the ground get closer and closer to the plane
Why now? Damnation didn't even chart!
Opeth fans will all react the same...
Oh my god, that new album rules!

The song ends with the most hellish scream that I've ever heard Mikeal do, sounding like a huge explosion at the end.
Opeth are amazing. In other news, the authorities have scanned the black box and still have yet to figure out
the wearabouts of the band.

Lacuna Coil Hire new Vocalist
The goth metal band Lacuna Coil has announced the departure of frontwoman Cristina Scabbia. The band
had this to say:

"Hello, Coilites!

As you read these words, Cristina is on a bus back to Milan. We woke her up at 6 AM and gave her the word
that she was out of the band. We've decided with our new musical direction leaning more towards teen pop, Cristina
just wouldn't fit in with her new role. Her replacement will be Debbie Gibson, who's flying over
as we speak. As you know Debbie has had success
during the past in the American market, and we feel her amazing vocal talents and catchy lyrics will help us
achieve worldwise success.

Caio.
Lacuna Coil"

In other news, Cristina is said to already have formed another band called Nucler, the 'a' missing because
they didn't want people to think they're evil terrorists. We will follow both bands as this stor continues to develop.