some more samples

LSD-Studio

HCAF crusher
Jul 2, 2006
Germany
www.lsd-tonstudio.de
just had this band in the studio...nothing fancy gearwise, just a simple kit (don't know the model or make anymore), nothing special but no junk either.

they didn't play metal, so I didn't really tune the snare like I would do for metal...(hear the ringing? ;) )

anyways, it might be useful in one or the other situation, so I thought I post it for all the sample-addicts here ;)

these are RAW files, so no processing or anything, snare comes with top and bottom file.

I thought the kick could be used in a metal-context (if eq'ed properly it might actually be pretty good).....go figure it out for yourselves.....

here you go:

Kick'Snare

nothing too special though

If I find the time I could perhaps upload processed samples if there's any desire....

Thanks dude!
I don't have drumagog, so may be someone will do the gog files, and it will be really easy for everyone :)

thanks.

Setup was pretty basic, snare was powerstoke head miced with 2 sm57 (top and bottom) into DM2000.
Kick's a D6 about 15 cm distance from the head, plastic beater, kevlar falam and an additional felt kinda thing across the head.... into DM2000 as well.

just processed them...a kinda hardcore-snare came out...the kick really grows on me...like the big bottom-end for a "clicky" kick...will post my processed samples tomorrow.

good job ReliX!

Simple, but good.
Post some samples of the final songs if you can :)
I am always interested in the works of the members of this forum.

I really like these!
How were they recorded?

Here, they are processed and they sound pretty metal!

http://www.sneapforum.celtiaproductions.co.uk/Relix/Kick_Processed_LSD_Sample.wav
http://www.sneapforum.celtiaproductions.co.uk/Relix/Snare_Processed_LSD_Sample.wav

It will be interesting if you upload your precessed samples :)

yours are really good, any info on the treatment?

the more I listen to the kick the more I like it...will ask the drummer what kind of kick it was.

that band has a kickass female singer...can't say that about the guitarists etc, so I'm not sure if you really wanna hear a song ;)

yours are really good, any info on the treatment?

Pretty simple.
Kick:
EQ - 40hz +6 db narrow Q, 140hz -8 wide Q, 600hz wider Q, 4200hz +6db wide Q. Sonalksis EQ with the second bell parameter. I used the second parameter, because the natural sound of the kick is kinda soft and it was good for it.
Compressor - ratio 10:1, attack 35, rls 20, 8 db reduction.

Snare:
EQ - 200hz +4 narrow Q, 360 -4db narrow Q, 900hz -5db wide Q and hi shelf at 3200 +4 db.
Compressor - ratio 5:1, att 50, rls 50, 5db red.

Sonalksis plug-ins sound really great!
The snare could be made a lot better, by the way.