Some new snare samples from me

This one sounds better than the last, I think.

What's the micing this time?
And will you give us the raw samples, please?

oh well no it's always that sm57 on top and i5 on bottom, I worked hard to make better samples following your tips. it worked great thanks!!!
I have to search the original raws, but I think I used the same as last time.
Sorry Relixkeeper I really don't have the time to do samples with i5 on top and sm57 on bottom.

oh well no it's always that sm57 on top and i5 on bottom, I worked hard to make better samples following your tips. it worked great thanks!!!
I have to search the original raws, but I think I used the same as last time.
Sorry Relixkeeper I really don't have the time to do samples with i5 on top and sm57 on bottom.

Don't worry, dude!
I'll come to Milano :heh:

If it's not a problem for you, please, share the exact eq and comp settings.

Don't worry, dude!
I'll come to Milano :heh:
Oh you're welcome, few beers (yes I don't drink too much anymore :erk: ah the old glory days ahahah) and pizza ahahhaha

If it's not a problem for you, please, share the exact eq and comp settings.

here the settings:

On top mic this is the eq

Top_EQ.JPG

On the bottom mic I didn't eq-ed, just gated to remove a little bit of the wire sound

Bottom_Gate.JPG

Bussed them together (bottom is lower, is -6 db)

Bus EQ (comp has not been used on the SSL channel):

Bus_EQ.JPG

Bus comp:

Bus_Comp.JPG

Hey I'm new at this site, and that may have something to do with it... But I can't get any of your drum samples to pull up on my comp.. They all say "URL Not Found" .. Do you know what I'm doing wrong?

Hi there im completly new :) and of course im very interrested in the snare or other drum samples because im using the Superior Drummer 2.0 with the N.Y. HitFactory Kit but the snare sounds are all soo fucking thin and boring so i would like to try something new... is there anybody who can help me ?

Compression on the snare (attack 30ms, release 120, ratio 5:1 maybe, just try what sounds best : you should hear a bit of "smack", it's gonna be different for everything), a lot of eq (medium boost at 200hz, if you need more air check out at 4khz and more (whatever sounds good with the snare)), a bit of reverb in an aux. bus. If it's not fat enough blend it with the paramore snare slightly.

Don't be afraid to experiment.

And don't resurrect a few months old threads as your first post : use the SEARCH and TRY EVERYTHING YOU CAN before posting. Saying the snares are all so fucking thin and boring in superior 2 will make you seem like a total noob and it is totally normal for people to ignore you if you do so.