Some of you might consider this be in bad taste, but non-the-less:

I saw a commercial last night while watching the Osbournes (because the bastards at fx took off MWC on Tuesday nights for that stupid shit the shield), Friday night is gonna be all Nirvana shit, and supposedly they have a concert that no one's ever seen before, but from the clips they were showing, I saw it years ago so I have no idea what they're talking about. Good thing I don't watch mtv on Friday nights, huh?

Nirvana killed both Anthrax and Metallica. Everybody wanted/needed to sound grunge after Nirvana. A lot of people/bands started to look funny as well as cut their hair.
It was lame times.

//LD

Nirvana didn´t kill neither Metallica nor Anthrax, they are not dead, aren´t they? The only one dead in this case is Kurt Cobain, who killed himself, I´m sorry.

Yeah, but radio stations still play Nirvana. MTV devotes entire nights to Nirvana tributes.

Since Nirvana, Anthrax has put out three of the best albums that I have ever heard, but unfortunately, noone else has heard how great they are because of how bands like Nirvana changed the environment. Anthrax is still alive, but few besides those of us on the board know it.

Since Nirvana, Metallica has altered their style to maintain their time in the spotlight. The result is two "Loads" of shit, and them playing with the symphony. The Metallica I once knew and loved IS dead.

[Begin rant]

As for your earlier comment about heavy metal being kept in the underground...it's true, who wouldn't want to see their favorite band playing in a small venue instead of a large stadium. But eventually, they're not going to want to keep playing small venues and struggling to survive, they're going to pack it in, and in the end, the fans of the genre do lose. Sure, some of the over-the-top stuff in the eighties was corny, but I'll take glam-metal bands like Poison over Limp Bizkit any day, and I'll take the indulgent excesses of Guns'N Roses over paint-by-numbers bubblegum rockers like Smashmouth. And as great as Anthrax is, as long as they are ignored by the mainstream, noone is encouraged to copy that style, and somewhere along the way improve upon it. Instead, we've had hundreds of clones of safe, conservative bands that have put out forgettable pop tunes that will not be remembered five years from now. The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, Metallica...they didn't kill anything, they made music grow around them. Nirvana helped push things backwards, shrivelling up the industry in the process. Nirvana isn't the only band to blame, but I sure haven't had much to get excited about musically in the past decade as I did the decades before it.

[End rant]

I agree the last 10 years saw some terrible crap being passed off as "music". I could go off and name names and point fingers, but what's the point. I have already done so along with many others.

As long as Anthrax keeps doing what they have been doing I will keep buying there product and seeing them in concert. Anthrax never has been an MtV or Radio band. Hence they will never sell ten million albums. As long as they stay true!

Life sucks, and so does Metallica!

Onward mighty Anthrax!!!!