Some problem to learn my monitors

Thank you very much for your several responses :)

JBroll, with the selector in the back of the hs50s I don't max the bass but I set the low pass filter. The options are 100Hz, 80Hz and Flat (no filter) and I set them to Flat.
http://allabout.co.jp/entertainment/dtm/closeup/CU20051012A/hs50rear.jpg
I think I'll buy some pads as a starting point. The problem is also that my room is not a dedicated room but unfortunally it's my bedroom.
My mixes sound odd expecially in the kick drum: though my monitors it sounds balanced (both the volume and the sound) but for example through my girlfriend's creative 2+1 (with sub's bass pot set at min) it sounds weird and particularly high in volume (and in my last mix the kick have an hi-pass filter at 90/100Hz, so it should not be too much and boomy bass (I think...)

To be fair, those speakers won't be too great either; if you can't get a single good setup it's helpful to have several other setups that each show something the others don't and hope to hell that you get all of your bases covered that way. Headphones could also help here.

Jeff

Headphones could also help here.

Excellent point.

As much as it's considered taboo I sometimes find it more useful than mixing in a room with bad acoustics. Something also worth looking at for a/b'ing your mixes while using headphones is a free crossfeed plugin by redefined audio metrics that is attempting to emulate stereo speaker placement rather than having left and right isolated to each ear.

http://refinedaudiometrics.com/products-hdphx.shtml

Cheers.

I have a pair of AKG 271S...and when I listen my mix with them it sounded good, better than in my girlfriend's speakers.Anyway it's an unmastered sample...
I'll try that plugin!
Thanks

I would definitely at least try it out. You will notice a natural slight increase in bass once hdphx is applied. I would mix an entire song without the plug and again with just to see which gives you better translation.