Some questions about possible future purchases

Wrathchild

Miserable Bastard
Apr 16, 2001
Enfield, South Australia
Visit site
Rocka Rolla and Sad Wings of Destiny get reissued every five minutes by various affiliates of Priest's old label Gull Records, right? Sound quality wise, what are the best versions out there?

Where can I find the Japanese remasters of Fly to the Rainbow, In Trance, Virgin Killer and Taken By Force (70s Scorpions albums with Uli Jon Roth) for slightly less ridiculous prices than Ebay and other online stores are asking?

W

related question: what about that Priest Box set i saw at JB Hi Fi the other day. What's the go with it? Is it all their albums? Good sound quality? Worth getting?

I've been digging PainKiller & Metalworks (my only 2 priest albums) a lot lately.

The box set you have seen is likely 'Metalogy', which is a best of over 4 discs with a few unreleased tracks thrown in, and a live DVD.

B0001ZDJ7U.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Or, you may have seen the remasters box set..

100remasters.jpg

..which contains the first 4 albums in the remasters series, and room to put the others after you buy them. All the unreleased tracks in Metalogy pop up across the remasters, so unless you really want the DVD, or are only interested in a best of, I would recommend collecting the remasters (and buying the Electric Eye DVD :headbang: ). They are fairly cheap as well, around $17 each. I have 5 so far, will get the box next I think.

Since you have Metalworks, which is a best of, you would probably be best off going for the remasters anyway.

Painkiller is such an awesome album, truly a gift from god (pun intended).

Wrathchild said:
Rocka Rolla and Sad Wings of Destiny get reissued every five minutes by various affiliates of Priest's old label Gull Records, right? Sound quality wise, what are the best versions out there?

They've never been remastered, so pretty much any version you get will be as good as any other. I can't help with the Scorpions remasters. I'd say the only place you could get those is online. Utopia has them for $42 each. Because they're imports, you won't find them much cheaper at a store.