Some random thrashy riffs

.. with the best ampsim sound i ever had. Very thick, organic and punchy. Ampsim was SoloC + s-presigh impulse. Drums = AD, as always. Guitar was my stock Schecter C-7.

http://files.getdropbox.com/u/307242/mix/thrash_full.mp3

without words Elmoe:OMG:
why do you always get AWESOME guitar sounds????!!!!!
could you show how did you get this tone please?
(yes, soloC, but i´d like to see your settings and entire chain because this is AMAZING sound)

Thanks guys! :D

if there's one thing i've learned in those years of fiddeling aroud with ampsims, then it's the fact that every ampsim sounds too thin in comparison to a real recorded amp. So its imho important to thicken it by boosting the low mids and using a saturator, or even multiband compression.

My chain was: Schecter Hellraiser C-7 (EMG707) -> TS7 with TS9 mod (very small difference) with drive and vol. at 5/10, tone full -> Line6 Toneport GX (Dry DI) -> settings

thats it! Guitars are quadtracked btw

have phun :)

Yeah, very nice guitar sound, cool riffing too. I bet it would sound even better if you upgrade your sound interface.
I used to have a Toneport GX, but the quality of the DI:s does not come out very good from it, it was a really big difference soundwise when i upgraded to an EMU 0404 usb soundcard (Although I get bluescreens more frequently now due to the unstable drivers :lol:)