Some Slayer news...

spawn

Apr 14, 2001
From www.bravewords.com :

SLAYER's Jeff Hanneman updated BW&BK today on the two separate SLAYER projects currently in the works.

The new album...

"It's hella fast. I've got five songs that are written, musically. Kerry has at least that many. We're going to go into the studio hopefully in September, and it should be out at the beginning of next year. My songs are mean-as-hell. When Kerry heard mine, he decided to re-write his just because mine were so fast."

Dave Lombardo...

"Oh yeah, Dave's with us. He's indefinitely our drummer. He wants to stay with us, and we want him to stay in the band."

The long-awaited box-set...

"We're trying to get the box-set out by the end of the year. We just need to gather more stuff for it. The box-set is going to be two CDs of music: rare stuff and songs we've put on soundtracks. Then we're going to have one CD of weird audio interviews we've done. And then there'll be a DVD, with tapes of old shows we have around."

Slayer hit the road on the Jägermeister tour with HATEBREED on October 10. Meanwhile, the band’s the forthcoming War At The Warfield DVD hits stores on July 29.

Dvd hits stores AUGUST 17 here :mad: F**kers. If that box set is out by the end of the year ill eat my own nuts. Slayer time seems to be a lot slower than the time we humans use. But otherwise, sounds great, at least they are working on it :headbang:

I like the sound of the music they are writing too, more Jeff = :worship: though I liked Kerrys recent stuff too.

fuck yeah :headbang: Slayer will hopefully try and top GHUA, that ay there will be a thrash album better than it, but of course I don't care if they don't top it, so long as it ain't worse than their worse

I have no idea which direction this new album will be... like a continuation of GHUA, or an 80's style Thrash album... or numetal... or WHO THE HELL KNOWS...

Slayer have the ability to go any direction here...

"Hella"... what a stupid word...