Some Slayer stuff

spawn

Apr 14, 2001
For any other slayer fans here (aces and might be the only ones?) I saw this on that bravewords site too.

SLAYER's upcoming studio album will now be called God Hates Us All. The album is currently being mixed in Vancouver, B.C. with producer Matt Hyde for a July 3rd release on American/Columbia. Guitarist Kerry King told Blabbermouth that the forthcoming effort's "got a lot of fast stuff, but it's got a lot of chunky heavy stuff too." Tentative song titles for the album include: 'Disciple', 'Threshold', 'Addict', 'Exile', 'Payback', 'Seven Faces', 'Godsend Death', 'New Faith', 'Cast Down', 'Scarstruck', 'Here Comes The Pain', 'Deviance', 'Gore Point' and 'Bloodline'. Also, Slayer's long-awaited box set is still being worked on, and it is now said to carry the working title of Soundtracks Of The Apocalypse. The box set is tentatively scheduled to be released in December in two different versions through American/Columbia.

Cool, i cant wait for slayers new one as well (funny album name too :lol: ), i have the bloodline song on the dracula 2000 soundtrack and its great, i hope the rest of the album is just as good. I think they use 7 strings on some tracks too, and as nevermore has shown, they CAN sound nothing like korn :)

Originally posted by spawn
For any other slayer fans here (aces and might be the only ones?) I saw this on that bravewords site too.

SLAYER's upcoming studio album will now be called God Hates Us All.

God Hates Us All?? Too Cool. :D

I've never really been into Slayer, but I think I'll check out this album.

I'm a Slayer fan... I'm having my doubts about the new album though... I read in an interview they are very influenced by Slipknot on it. BAD!

My 3 favourite SLayer albums are Reign In Blood, Seasons In The Abyss and South Of Heaven... although I liked Diabolus alot... it was definitely a worrying sign for their future direction.

But as you say, if they use their 7-strings in a way like Nevermore do, then it should be a good album :) Thats actually the type of sound I can imagine it turning out like....

I guess I'll have to wait and see!

By the way... funny title hahahaha.

Well if its anything like the song bloodline from the dracula 2000 soundtrack its nothing like slipknot! (Who i like for the record :) )

I agree with 2 of your choices for best slayer album, id add diabolus instead of south of heaven though.

Still, would be cool if they do a little more reign in blood era styled songs on the new one...prolly wishful thinking though.

I'm a pretty big Slayer fan. I'm quite looking forward to the new album, and hoping that does not sound at all like Slipnknot. 'Bloodline' is awesome, which gives me hope. :)

'God Hates Us All' is an awesome title.

Wooooo !!

blood line is a killer song

my fav slayer albums are (in that order) Show no mercy , Hell Awaits and Reign in Blood

as for Diabolus.....eh it was pretty good...at least out of the big 4 Slayer (and now MegadetH) have stayed METAL !

hhehe

Anthrax.....Testament.....Indecent Obsession.....The Bangles.....Pseudo Echo.....Plastic Bertrund......???? :)

Slayer rocks!, can't wait to hear the new album, it should be pretty cool!

has anyone got the Live Intrusion video??? You see Tom kick that stage diver off the stage during 'South Of Heaven' ???

real funny!

btw Spawn, the Big Four are......Slayer, Metallica, Megadeth and Anthrax

that was in the early eighties...

Ahh of course, anthrax! How could i forget! Oh waitasec, easily, i dont own any of their albums, so its the big 3 for me :D

Originally posted by Aces_High
Spawn i totally recommend Anthrax's 1st album

"Fistful of metal"

it's *Metal Thrashing mad* !!

**Spawny adds fistful of metal to his shopping list** :D