Some southern style metal for you guys!

im getting used to some new monitors but it sounded pretty good. LOVED the drum sound! very natural but so kick ass!

Vocals did not sound good though. Sounded like karaoke or somethin.. haha. Maybe you didnt compress them enough? perhaps a little too dry?

Cheers, I appreciate your input.
The vocals are just a rough guide at the minute, it's actually me singing and i haven't got round to doing it all properly yet.
Do you think more compression/reverb would help?
Sam

the drums sound really good! but i'm not digging the sound of the kick. sounds really..umm, plastic? thats all i can think when i hear it! and the guitars sound really buzzy/thin for me!

This kicks some serious ass! Only gripes: The kick sux (you need some oooooomph for this and possibly the snare a little more snap and less verb? and the vocals are not sitting at all...the vocal performance is good just needs verb and delay and some serious compression bring out the spitiness.

What guitar, pu, and chain for that guitar sound?

The 1st guitar is a Jackson Dinky thru a Marshall TSL with 4x12 miked straight in the centre of the speaker with a 57. 2nd guitar was same amp and mic but an Epiphone Les Paul.
Glad you like the song!
The drummer is very very against using samples as he wants more of a 'jam' natural sound which i can understand. Do you think just take the top end off the kick and make it a bit attacky as opposed to clicky?
The snare is pretty compressed as it is but doesn't have a very good reverb on it at the moment.
Sam

Vocals are still popping out to much try to lower them a little bit. Saturate and compress them a bit more. The guitars seem a little too muddy and gainy now. Can you lift the bass a bit more?