A THRASH number... with 7 strings. How's it sound? Work in progress...

"Evil" Aidy

Mörti Viventi
Jul 15, 2007
Stamford, Lincs
How's this sounding so far? I've yet to record the vocals or guitar solos. I just need some fresh ears/opinions & feedback really on this.

The finished version will be part of my ongoing project Mörti Viventi (the logo in my avatar).

Mix or Mix (Soundclick)

Cheers!

the crashes and hi-hat are pretty loud, pull them back in the mix. you may also want to high-pass them some around 500hz to 800hz. are those natural drums btw? guitar tone seems cool to me. over all the entire mix sounds a tiny bit too scooped. if you did any master eq to scoop out the mids or boost the highs and lows, i'd make it less dramatic. hope this helps

the crashes and hi-hat are pretty loud, pull them back in the mix. you may also want to high-pass them some around 500hz to 800hz. are those natural drums btw? guitar tone seems cool to me. over all the entire mix sounds a tiny bit too scooped. if you did any master eq to scoop out the mids or boost the highs and lows, i'd make it less dramatic. hope this helps

Hey thanks! Yeah I have Tessla on the master buss and that tends to scoop the mids more than I noticed!

Great to have some fresh ears on my mix. :)

yeah the crashes sound loud i think other than that i really like your guitar tone and mix...some details on your guitar tone would be cool good job!

yeah the crashes sound loud i think other than that i really like your guitar tone and mix...some details on your guitar tone would be cool good job!

Amplitube 2!

BC Rich N7 (w/JB pickup) > Firepode Instrument Input > Amplitube 2 JCM 900 with Overscream Pedal.

3 tracks panned left and 3 panned right. Different settings on the amp and pedal on each track.

I'll fix those crashes on the next mix...

[quote="Evil" Aidy;8068643]Amplitube 2![/quote]

I would never have guessed that o_O
This is the first good tone I have ever heard from amplitube and it sounds fucking awesome!

I agree with paladin shredder about the crashes and hi-hat being to loud.
I don't know what kind of sound you are going for but I think the snare seems a little to garage-y to me, I would have blended some sample on top of it at least!

I would never have guessed that o_O
This is the first good tone I have ever heard from amplitube and it sounds fucking awesome!

I agree with paladin shredder about the crashes and hi-hat being to loud.
I don't know what kind of sound you are going for but I think the snare seems a little to garage-y to me, I would have blended some sample on top of it at least!

Cheers for that!

Sorry i forgot to mention - I bypass the cabinet part in Amplitube 2 and use Boogex instead. As for post-eq I use just a little boost in the top end for a bit more presence in the mix.

I know what you mean about the snare, it does sound a bit garage-y. I kinda like the raw edge to it though haha :oops:

wow, that's some thrash! diggin the snare, bass and gits.

like old soilwork, exodus, and the haunted's first one thrown into a blender. nice!

I can't get my amplitube to sound like that!

What you use for drums?

I used DFH Superior. It's still my favorite if you haven't got a real drummer to jam along with and I sure as hell can't play drums tight enough to record them.

P.S. LOL at your avatar too. Feeling that big time!

wow, that's some thrash! diggin the snare, bass and gits.

like old soilwork, exodus, and the haunted's first one thrown into a blender. nice!

I can't get my amplitube to sound like that!

Thanks, really appreciate that! I like Amplitube 2 and I seem to be one of the few that use it more than Revalver :oops:. I also use Wagner MK2 quite often.

Thats great man! Thrash on a 7 string is heresy, but damn you gon did it.

Appreciate that dude!!! :headbang: